anybody know who is a&n media?

Options
hi, i have recently found 2 debits on my credit card from A&N MEDIA-WP but have no idea who they are & dont remember ordering anything from them. the 2 payments are for a similar amount, taken on the same day, i have checked my inbox but had no confirmation e-mails about these amounts, which is worrying....

25 November 2010 A&N MEDIA-WP NORTHCLIFFE M £46.90
25 November 2010 A&N MEDIA-WP NORTHCLIFFE M £46.15

i have checked the web & got this info but still drawing a blank as don't read or use these sites:-

AND(.co.uk) works with the newspaper divisions of A&N Media to extend their services online and through other digital channels. The portfolio includes the newspaper companion sites of A&N Media’s national and local newspapers, including Mail Online, Standard.co.uk and Metro.co.uk, and the ‘this is’ network of sites. They also publish a range of digital magazines, including This is Money. They also operate in online classified markets – recruitment, property, motors, and dating.

any info would be a great help to solve this mystery, thanks

Comments

• stephane_2
    stephane_2 Posts: 3,076 Forumite
    Options
    I think you're wasting your time here...simply because you do not recollect having made those transactions then you should be on the phone to your credit card provider to dispute those....
  • Little_bit_dizzy
    Little_bit_dizzy Posts: 630 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 27 November 2010 at 10:09PM
    Options

25 November 2010 A&N MEDIA-WP NORTHCLIFFE M £46.90
    25 November 2010 A&N MEDIA-WP NORTHCLIFFE M £46.15

Hi, I think you might find Northcliffe is a newspaper group, known as Northcliffe Media (owned by A&N Media). They run quite a lot of local publications nationally (I use them to advertise my buisiness & this is how the entries appear on the statements for the DD's) The WP may relate to a newspaper name??

No idea how this will help you, as stephane already said, report it straight away.
    I myself am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions...
  • androidgamer
    Options
    thanks stephane & Little bit dizzy, i have already contacted CC company before posting on here, just thought someone may have some info on this company to jog my memory, but no
  • Dr_Cuckoo3
    Dr_Cuckoo3 Posts: 1,398 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • androidgamer
    Options
    hello again,

It appears that the payments were taken for a fake car (or cars) advert that was for sale in various newspapers & magazines, but were stopped before being published

I contacted Northcliffe Media (owned by A&N Media) who were very helpful in the dilemma i had. I was transferred to the customer services team & once i explained the situation & gave them the transaction details & merchant numbers (given by my credit card company) things began to make sense, that these were fraudulent transactions. A&N Media have agreed to refund these fees due to them being fake which will take a few days. Case Closed!! :)

Northcliffe House,
    2 Derry Street
    Kensington
    London, W8 5TT

Tel: (swtichboard): +44 (0) 20 7938 6000
  • AN_Media
    Options
    Good morning

As already mentioned below A&N Media is a newspaper group, In addition to leading newspaper titles such as the Daily Mail, The Mail on Sunday, Metro and our Northcliffe Media regional titles, our portfolio includes over 200 websites covering news, property, motors and recruitment. Among these are a number of well-known brands such as Findaproperty.com, Primelocation.com, Jobsite.co.uk, Teletext Holidays and Motors.co.uk

I would recommend that you contact our customer services team directly on 08444 060909 and ask to speak to P Kelly, alternatively you can speak to one of our friendly advisors who will be able to deal with your enquiry.
  • JohalaReewi
    JohalaReewi Posts: 2,614 Forumite
    Options
    AN_Media wrote: »
    Good morning
    I would recommend that you contact our customer services team directly on 08444 060909 and ask to speak to P Kelly, alternatively you can speak to one of our friendly advisors who will be able to deal with your enquiry.

Could I recommend that you use either a geographic telephone number (01xx, or 02xx) or an 03xx number if you must have a non geographic number? 0844 numbers are quite expensive to call for a lot of people.
  • dshart
    dshart Posts: 439 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I would advise that you contact your CC company with the information and have your card cancelled as it has obviously been compromised. They may already be doing this but it is worthwhile checking.
  • redpete
    redpete Posts: 4,693 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I recommend that people check the original posting date - this thread was sorted 10 months ago.
    loose does not rhyme with choose but lose does and is the word you meant to write.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure