FE Student Help!

Options
epatch90
epatch90 Posts: 1 Newbie
edited 12 November 2010 at 6:01PM in Student MoneySaving
I left school at 16, worked for three years, really enjoyed it and then the company closed so i was made redundant. Had a bit of a hard time, but then found a new job. After realising i didn't enjoy this job, and wanted a new line of work, i decided to go back to college and i love it! However, will higher education students, you can get loans etc.
I am looking for a job, however in the mean time is anyone aware of any benefits i can get? I'm expected to live off of £20 a week (adult learning grant) which i cant touch because i've gone so overdrawn.
I don't understand how the government can throw money at jobseekers, however when i'm going to college to better my skills to get a better job, i get £20! I too have bills to pay and a car to run! I'm not entitled to a student bank account i don't think as i am not studying a higher education course so am paying stupid amounts of interest on m overdraft, which is just getting more and more!
Anyone know anything i'm entitled to? I'm desperate!

Comments

• Oldernotwiser
    Oldernotwiser Posts: 37,425 Forumite
    Options
    Most students in your position work part time as well as studying. I'm not sue why you only get £30 pw. ALG but there are no benefits you can claim.

If you can't afford to run your car, perhaps you should consider getting rid of it?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure