IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Dgs/rpp Dd ??
Views: 199,187
# 1
cazmanian_minx
Old 17-10-2006, 6:46 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Default Dgs/rpp Dd ??

Hi - hoping someone here can help, as my Google-fu has deserted me this evening, the only hit I got was in_despair's SOA on this board from January this year.

My boyfriend has had a refund of 49.50 to his account which he wasn't expecting and Nationwide has told him that the payment is from DGS/RPP DD. We've worked out that RPP is Regular Payment Plan and DD is Direct Debit, but we've still no idea which company this is and why they've refunded him! The only thing that we can think of is that it might be Sky as he cancelled his subscription a couple of months ago - anyone know??

Thanks,
Caroline
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following User Says Thank You to cazmanian_minx For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2
Toomuchdebt
Old 17-10-2006, 9:57 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Send a message via Skype™ to Toomuchdebt

I found another post with this in http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....html?t=140995 post no 5 in the thread - maybe you can pm the poster and ask what it is?
Debts Jan 2014 11,108.34
Debt Sept 2014 8882.98
DFD-May 2018

DEBTFREEBYXMAS2014 #165 2434.12/4000
The Following User Says Thank You to Toomuchdebt For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
cazmanian_minx
Old 18-10-2006, 7:23 AM

Thanks - that's the post that came up when I Googled it, but the poster hasn't posted here since the end of January and I fear s/he may not be around any more. I'll give it a try though.

Caroline
# 4
JuanCarr
Old 23-10-2006, 1:34 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cazmanian_minx
Hi - hoping someone here can help, as my Google-fu has deserted me this evening, the only hit I got was in_despair's SOA on this board from January this year.

My boyfriend has had a refund of 49.50 to his account which he wasn't expecting and Nationwide has told him that the payment is from DGS/RPP DD. We've worked out that RPP is Regular Payment Plan and DD is Direct Debit, but we've still no idea which company this is and why they've refunded him! The only thing that we can think of is that it might be Sky as he cancelled his subscription a couple of months ago - anyone know??

Thanks,
Caroline
This is Domestic General Service, it is an insurance policy for home appliances such as Freezers, washing machine etc
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JuanCarr For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5
cazmanian_minx
Old 23-10-2006, 1:43 PM

Thanks, JuanCarr - this is a really strange one, as he doesn't own any home appliances!! We can only assume it was some kind of breakdown cover on the Sky box, there was a communal dish in his old flat, so it can't have been that.

Oh well, not complaining!

Caroline
# 6
Marxta
Old 12-04-2007, 5:04 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Dgs/rpp

Hi there,

I was searching the net for this 'spurious' DD from my account and came across this fantastic site.

I have since found out what this means (for me anyway).

Its a SKY REPAIR PLAN that i took out a while back. Under the DGS/Rpp DD name, it gives me a ref, which is AYSD00*****. This coresponds to the Sky Repair Plan I took out, so it must be one of the same.

Fair play for getting some money FROM them; They've been taking 9.90 out of my wallet for the last 18 months.

Anyway, I hope that helps.

Cheers,

Marc.
# 7
Stumpy
Old 04-06-2007, 11:15 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Hahaaaa - THAT's what that was for. Its been driving me nuts for the last couple of months, finally decided to Google it and OF COURSE the answer was here all along!

Mine was for cover for my washing machine - it was either pay 120 just for the part, buy a new machine, or take out the plan for 140 which covered that repair, plus any others in the year (or a replacement washing machine if they couldn't fix). As I couldn't really afford to buy a new washing machine, it seemed to make sense.

Thanks!!
... all I need are the pencils ... wibble! :rolleyes:
# 8
hhfan1
Old 27-06-2007, 4:40 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Smile Ddg/rpp Dd

hi there, this will be for some type of Sky related product on a payment plan (for instance - new skyhd box, or an upgrade)
# 9
Liney
Old 06-08-2007, 9:40 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

DGS = Domestic & General
Remember its nice to be nice and its good to share!

Those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind!

Before printing, think about the environment!
# 10
Murvalous
Old 05-02-2008, 3:33 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Just thought I would reply and add in something, I also had this but forgot what is was, mines month boiler cover from domestic and General
# 11
Dougy65
Old 15-02-2008, 8:55 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default DGS DD etc.

I had a Direct Debt appear on my statement and could not figure out what it was, then remebered it was for Domestic and General Services for a washer dryer. i.e. DGS
# 12
nikshah
Old 25-02-2008, 11:16 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Repair policy faults

I found this and was a bit confused. I got in touch with the company at 44 (0)208 946 7777 and found that actually, although I had discussed taking out the policy (to repair my washing machine) I had actually not agreed to take it out. This was all in their records, but they had still taken three DD payments from my account when I noticed. It took about three phone calls to get it all sorted and the money refunded, but they never made any fuss about it.
# 13
Acesaver
Old 28-04-2008, 12:22 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Dgs

Excellent that answers that puzzle. I've been helping my parents, and could not make out what DGS DD was, all is clear now. Insurance on the freezer, and probably the washing machine.

Last edited by Acesaver; 28-04-2008 at 12:25 AM.
# 14
Poet
Old 07-12-2008, 10:13 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

i have one and i think it's for my freeview/top up TV
# 15
kev666n
Old 02-02-2009, 9:59 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

I've just noticed a Direct Debit coming out of my bank labelled DGS/RPP DD. After speaking to DGS it turns out this was for a Washing Machine I bought several years ago.

I'd never agreed to extended warranty every. Each year DGS had sent me a letter asking whether I wanted to extend my warranty on the product. It never stated that they were already providing such, and debiting my account. To the contrary it implied this was optional; certainly stating I had to reply to get such extended warranty.

IMHO: They deliberately mislead.
# 16
pmdpmd
Old 24-02-2009, 6:23 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Thank you for the above posters who solved this one for me too. Having spoken to them on the phone I suspect it is a part of their business model to have an obscure entry on people's bank statements so that they have difficulty tracking them down.

In my case it was for a boiler warranty I took out a year ago - it was a "free" warranty if I got their engineer to fix the faulty boiler. It was in a flat I rent out. They sent all the paperwork to the flat where it was probably disposed of by the tenant. It took me an age and was like drawing teeth at the time to get a replacement warranty document sent to my house.

Now it seems they never updated the address and sent the renewal documents to the flat too, hence by the time I got them and immediately canceled, it was already past the deadline.

The lady on the phone just now said she would "ask them for a refund", and when I asked her to tell me exactly what she meant by "ask them" she just repeated it, said goodbye and hung up the phone!

Thats customer service for you!
# 17
lydias
Old 18-04-2009, 5:04 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

OO I have one of these and it's for my washing machine I think/hope which has just broken!

Now to ring them and see

A huge thank you to all who post the comps and deals that make life so much fun!
# 18
DocProc
Old 22-07-2009, 2:39 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Ha ha ha!

I see 3,700 other people have Googled for this as 'dsg rpp dd' is a default search on Google.

In my case, it's the monthly Insurance Premium for our Electrolux Washer Dryer. It blew a control box at about 17 months old.

We thought we had a good local repair man and so had no need to have insurance but when we rang him, he said, "I don't do Electrolux now."

Aaargh!

We rang Electrolux and they still took it on, even though it was broken, and still insured it! Amazing! A new controller card would have cost about 130, plus 50 minimum for the man to fit it, so it was a good deal at a mere 13.25 per month for 12 months, reducing to about 7.50 for the second year.

DSG - Domestic and General Services
RPP - Regular Payment Plan
DD - Direct Debit.

Now we know, eh?

Last edited by DocProc; 22-07-2009 at 2:43 PM.
# 19
martinsgiftstogo
Old 01-09-2009, 2:07 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Send a message via Yahoo to martinsgiftstogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikshah View Post
I found this and was a bit confused. I got in touch with the company at 44 (0)208 946 7777 and found that actually, although I had discussed taking out the policy (to repair my washing machine) I had actually not agreed to take it out. This was all in their records, but they had still taken three DD payments from my account when I noticed. It took about three phone calls to get it all sorted and the money refunded, but they never made any fuss about it.
The number I had for Domestic and General is 08444 810 500 . I was also puzzled about this direct debit...I have no excuse..it is for my washing machine insurance.
January 1st 2013 starting weight 123 kg
August 1st 2013 weight 110kg
Total weight loss 13kg
Goal weight 100kg by December 31st 2013
# 20
martinsgiftstogo
Old 11-09-2009, 2:10 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Send a message via Yahoo to martinsgiftstogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinsgiftstogo View Post
The number I had for Domestic and General is 08444 810 500 . I was also puzzled about this direct debit...I have no excuse..it is for my washing machine insurance.
Just an update with some good news.

Domestic and general have refunded all my payments in full to my credit card account
January 1st 2013 starting weight 123 kg
August 1st 2013 weight 110kg
Total weight loss 13kg
Goal weight 100kg by December 31st 2013