conned at comet

Options
Last Saturday Me and the wife went over to comet canterbury to purchase a american fridge freezer, we saw this american fridge freezer we liked , and decided we would buy it, we was served by two sales assistants , the fridge was advertised for £799.00 with over £350.00 knocked off , we was told the fridge is being reduced due to a store refit, we paid for the fridge and arranged a delivery date , the fridge arrived on the delivery date , the fridge was unpacked and unfortunatly the wrong fridge , we declined to accept it , we went back to comet explained its the wrong fridge, we was told that a mistake as been made at store , and we will have to pay anouther £500.00 for the fridge we asked for , we explained that the fridge was marked up at this price and the sales assistants acknowleged the price , we feel it is unfair for us to pay anouther £500.00 for the fridge we have paided for already , surely there is a contract between the shop and us , and if they have made a mistake they should honour it .
comet have said they would give us a £100.00 good will voucher , but they will not give us the fridge we asked for ,
i have since seen the fridge on the internet for £869.00 and have asked comet to pay for it , if they have my 799.00 plus the £100.00 goodwill they can pay for it , again they refused .
we have not done anything wrong apart from going to comet , so now we are with out a fridge /freezer from tomorrow and cannot get one from anouther supplier untill the 28th October of which means all our frozen food will be ruined , our plan was to receive a fridge tuesday and the next day let the winners of ebay pick up our old fridge , we will honour letting our one go as that was arranged , but we will loose all our frozen food .
Thank you comet for being a nasty company and i hope who ever reads this post will take their custom elsewhere.

Comments

• 4743hudsonj
    4743hudsonj Posts: 3,298 Forumite
    edited 19 October 2010 at 9:16PM
    Options
    What does your receipt say? If it says the model you expect, then i cant see any reason they could use to not supply the fridge at that price.....

If it says the model you actually got, then id accept the offer as its they way things go unfortunately......
    Back by no demand whatsoever.
  • joeypesci
    joeypesci Posts: 671 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Comet have always been crap, like Dixon's and PCWorld. Anyway. If marked wrong and they notice at till they can refuse. However, because you've paid for it, they've entered into a contract with you at that price and if the receipt states its the freezer you wanted then they have to honour it. Otherwise tell them you'll take it up with Trading Standards. You could even given them a call to see what your rights are.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure