Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    benji173
    Avoid Lovefilm!
    • 2nd Oct 06, 7:40 PM
    Avoid Lovefilm! 2nd Oct 06 at 7:40 PM
    Although I've been posting in the other thread about Lovefilm in the other forum, I'm so frustrated I need to make a new thread. Basically I phoned to cancel my account and was told it was cancelled. A month later I've been sent an e-mail saying I've been referred to a debt collection agency as they can't charge my card (I lost the one on account you see) even though I was told by customer services my account was cancelled. So now I've been sent a letter by the debt people and owe them 43, 30 of which is a fee from the debt people. Do they think I would leave my account open for a month and not rent a single dvd. I've contacted their customer services who've told me to contact the debt people, the debt people have told me to contact lovefilm, they're both bone idle. I've refused to pay for their incompetence and have sent an e-mail to the head of the company, other people have done this and he has sorted it for them. This has happened to a lot of people, if you just search for 'lovefilm debt' on google you will see how many. It's a lot worse for other people though who have been asked to pay 500. Although I suspect it will get sorted my name probably won't be taken off the bad credit register. Just avoid them at all costs and try to find an online rental service that isn't owned by them as lots of them are.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

309Posts Today

1,319Users online

Martin's Twitter