Bogus employers

Options
I have posted my CV on Monster and I have been contacted by two organisations claiming to be financial brokers who require me to allow them to pay money into my account and then take my commission prior to transfering the money onto thier clients. The organisations:
BOP Finance Limited
78 Maxwell Road, Tauranga,
New Zealand.

Hello,
my name is Andrew Miller and I am BOP Finance Limited hiring manager. We have found and carefully reviewed your CV and decided to offer this job to you.
Our services
When buying-selling operations via the Internet are concerned, the buyer and the seller don't know each other (they may be placed in different corners of the world) - it is very important both to the buyer and the seller for their deal to be made safe. Payment Protection means receiving money, documents, goods (it might be both the seller's and the buyer's) concerning the transaction to a reliable, experienced, impartial person - our Payment Protection agent. The agent will hold all the documents and money until all the terms of the deal are satisfied and only then release them to the intended receiver.

Why we need Payment Protection agents
Having a Payment Protection agent in every country we can quickly transfer funds inside a country without wasting time on the international bank transfers, and continue our rapid growth rather than overwhelming our own bank account with inbound and outbound transactions leading to severe hold times and possible service interruption. It is time that is of significant importance to our clients.
Career and Benefits
Your main task will be receiving money transactions to any bank account you would like to use for the purposes of this job; and then forwarding these transactions to the next party of the Payment Protection process according to our instructions. You will benefit from the commissions, which are 5-7% of each transaction and depend on the quantity of the completed transactions and the speed of your work. Besides, you will be paid a basic salary of 1500 GBP per month.

For your convenience there will be no paychecks, your commission will remain in your account after every successfully completed transaction. The money transfer fee is not included in your commission, meaning that you will deduct it from the received amount, not from your commission. Also you receive 5-7% of the transaction amount. Normally the amounts that we process vary from 2,000 GBP to 10,000 GBP, but can go higher on special occasions.
Job details
As the financial activity in your area is not too high, a Payment Protection agent will be processing approximately 1-2 transactions per week. Each transaction requires approximately 4-5 hours of the agent work. Our manager always calls the agent beforehand to provide all the instructions. Therefore, with the due time management, the agent is able to combine this job with other activities (e.g. primary job or studies).

If you are ready to proceed, please reply to this e-mail and our hiring manager Piotr Solobodowski will contact you shortly.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need more information.
--
Yours Sincerely,
Andrew Miller,
BOP Finance Limited.

lease allow me to introduce myself. My name is Kate Polansky and I represent Invincible Group Inc.
We've analyzed the resume which you posted online, and I'm pleased to propose a Payment Processing Agent position to you based on the skills and employment history that you listed.
We are a large company founded and based in the UK. Invincible Group Inc. primarily helps manage our clients' technology purchasing and financing with simple and easy services that put them in control and facilitate worldwide commerce which would otherwise be cost-prohibitive or risky. Our Company helps our customers in the IT business to increase profit by:
* Innovating across products and services
* Reducing costs by increasing efficiency
* Managing operational risk more effectively
* Helping to navigate the legal red tape involving international financial transactions
Job details:
- receive and process payments from our worldwide customers;
- part-time job (a full time job can also be offered soon);
- working hours are 2-3 hours a day (Monday - Friday);
- Internet access and e-mail availability are an absolute requirement.
There is no entrance or any other fees. Our company covers all the fees connected with employment.
We appreciate the labor of our representatives and pay them properly. The salary depends on your activity and qualification. We pay a minimum of GBP 1,500, but if you complete all the duties as assigned, your salary will grow up to about GBP 2,500.
If you are interested in our offer and would like to learn more, please send a filled out form with your updated contact information to polansky.hr.manager@gmail.com
_____________________FORM_________________________
Full name:__________________________________________
Country of residence:_________________________________
Contact phone:______________________________________
Preferred call time:___________________________________
_____________________FORM_________________________
We've found your resume at www.totaljobs.com. This letter confirms that your resume has been duly processed and you meet our basic requirements for the Payment Processing Agent position.
Sincerely yours,
Kate Polansky
Invincible Group Inc.

Comments

• bendix
    bendix Posts: 5,499 Forumite
    Options
    Surely in this day and age we are collectively smart enough to know that noone gets offered jobs willy nilly like this, or that those nice men in Africa really do want us to process their millions of pounds in return for a massive fee?

If people fall for this sort of thing in this day and age, they kinda deserve the inevitable outcome when it materialises
  • boxer691
    boxer691 Posts: 184 Forumite
    Options
    Its nice to warn people off. There are some desparate people looking for work who might fall for such scams.
  • DVardysShadow
    Options
    boxer691 wrote: »
    I have posted my CV on Monster and I have been contacted by two organisations claiming to be financial brokers who require me to allow them to pay money into my account and then take my commission prior to transfering the money onto thier clients.

No legitimate business uses an employees account. Ever.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • phoenix5
    Options
    Like you, I have been receiving emails from various 'companies' after registering on a job site - in my case Totaljobs.com.
    The latest one reads:

Dear ******,
    My name is Kevin Smith. I represent a large international company which is now conducting a search for new employees!
    We are looking to hire independent agents who will represent our company in different regions. Your job will be to receive and process payments from our clients.
    This is a part-time position requiring 2-3 hours, on average, of your time per day. Full-time opportunities are available after the training period has been successfully passed.
    We are prepared to pay GBP 1,500+ commission for the first month (training period), and GBP 1,800+ thereafter.
    If you'd like to learn more about this opportunity, please send your updated contact information to: [EMAIL="kevin.hr.smith@gmail.com"]kevin.hr.smith@gmail.com[/EMAIL] and our managers will contact you as soon as possible.
    Awaiting your prompt reply,
    Kevin Smith
    Pluto Group LTD.

It might seem like a good opportunity to those who are desperate, but emails like these tend to result in these people asking for your banking details so that they can use your account to launder money or transfer small payments until they gain your trust then clearing your account.
    It is good to keep highlighting these people so that people can be aware.
  • PHYTHIAN
    Options
    Heard of this a few times now.

They send money transfers to your account....you take 10% and sent the remainder on. The problem comes weeks later when the initial payment into your account ' bounces' and you are left with one hell of a problem trying to explain to your bank why you have taken part in obvious money laundering and how you are going to repay the bank it's money.......don't touch it!!!!
    Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those affected (Benjamin Franklin) JFT96...YNWA
  • purplepardalis
    Options
    419 Scammer alert!
  • I recievd the andrew miller email also.
    Do these jobsites even know that these scammers are using their services to prey on vunerable people?:mad:
  • shikoku
    shikoku Posts: 671 Forumite
    Options
    Which is why my CV is not 'searchable' - I couldn't believe the rubbish I got sent, including employment agency employees trying to use me to reach their targets.
    ~*~ If you don't need it, it isn't a bargain ~*~
  • maninthestreet
    Options
    I recievd the andrew miller email also.
    Do these jobsites even know that these scammers are using their services to prey on vunerable people?:mad:

Even if they do, other than posting warnings on their site, there is little they can do.
    "You were only supposed to blow the bl**dy doors off!!"
  • teabelly
    teabelly Posts: 1,229 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    A legitimate company would never use something as pants as a gmail account either!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure