New Spam Button Coming Soon

Options
MSE_Martin
MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Later this week we will be introducing a new spam button.

In a nutshell it works the same way as the current one, but at a post not thread level - so you can report an individual post for spam.

We hope this will help

The forum will need come down for about an hour to get it up and running, an announcement will come soon on the timings of that

Martin
Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000

Comments

• aliasojo
    aliasojo Posts: 23,053 Forumite
    Options
    Excellent news, this is needed and makes much more sense than having to report a whole thread.
    Herman - MP for all! :)
  • DarkConvict
    DarkConvict Posts: 6,338 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've been waiting for such a tool for a while.

May i also ask if a spam post is reported and deleted, then the topic that it has bumped up is also put back down. :)

Otherwise people see a topic and post on it not realising its several months or years old.
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

There are two ways of constructing a software design: One way is to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies, and the other way is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies
  • savemoney
    savemoney Posts: 18,127 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Brilliant this is what we need some lets say smarter spammers have cotton on to by posting in existing threads the majority thankfully dont have the intelligence to realise this ;)
  • savemoney
    Options
    I hope this works in some forums where spam button doesn't yet work ie music I think is one of them also the arms
  • Old_Wrinkly
    Old_Wrinkly Posts: 5,182 Forumite
    Options
    About time ... :)
    Thanks, MSE.
  • Former_MSE_Webmaster
    Options
    May i also ask if a spam post is reported and deleted, then the topic that it has bumped up is also put back down. :)

Otherwise people see a topic and post on it not realising its several months or years old.

This is something we're looking into.
    savemoney wrote: »
    I hope this works in some forums where spam button doesn't yet work ie music I think is one of them also the arms
    As with all new functions, there's going to be a certain period of test and trial. The plan is to roll it out across most boards this week, with a view to enabling across the entire Forum shortly thereafter.

Webby
  • MothballsWallet
    Options
    Fingers crossed, Webby, fingers crossed :) This should be even more useful.
  • chris_n_tj
    chris_n_tj Posts: 2,659 Forumite
    Options
    Nice one, its been needed for a while and will make things a lot eaiser.
    RIP TJ. You my be gone, but never forgotten. Always in our hearts xxx
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
    You are his life, his love, his leader.
    He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
    You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
  • savemoney
    edited 6 September 2010 at 11:19PM
    Options
    Thanks but the spam button doesnt work now in the forums I mentioned hence why I asked

You say "The plan is to roll it out across most boards " so that implies not all boards as is the case now so no change there then.

Is there a reason why you say its most boards and not because those boards I mentioned do get spam too only no spam button
    This is something we're looking into.

As with all new functions, there's going to be a certain period of test and trial. The plan is to roll it out across most boards this week, with a view to enabling across the entire Forum shortly thereafter.

Webby
  • kermitfrog
    kermitfrog Posts: 1,089 Forumite
    Options
    The plan is to roll it out across most boards this week, with a view to enabling across the entire Forum shortly thereafter.

Webby

Seems pretty clear to me...what is unclear to you?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure