Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    recovering spendaholic
    Cost of running the Oven
    • 22nd Sep 06, 10:05 PM
    Cost of running the Oven 22nd Sep 06 at 10:05 PM
    I wonder does anyone know how much it costs to run an electric fan assisted oven? I find that my oven is on for hours each day because DD1 has just started 6th form and comes home for lunch every day and insists on making hot food (I have tried to tell her but it isn't easy....) Also I am out some of the times and nearly always she leaves the oven on when she goes back to school I also find that I make alot of jacket potatoes, oven chips, casseroles and the like and I also cook chops and sausages in the oven. I just had an electric bill for 154 for the last quarter and I think this is so high because of the oven usage (we have gas ch and water and that bill was only 15) I was thinking of getting a combination microwave and convection oven but don't know if that would just be a waste of money as I've heard that they aren't any good. Can anyone give me any tips?
    Jane

ENDIS. Employed, no disposable income or savings!
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

859Posts Today

5,805Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Kezvic: @MartinSLewis @GMB Martin Lewis is a legend! Just booked return tickets to London for me and my dad for £20! Don't mind if I do?

• On my way to @GMB for my 7:40 Deals of the Week, incl rebuild your credit, ee power bar issues?, virgin train sale, Eurostar summer & more

• M'weekly email: Cheap stolen goods, 32mth0%, EE powerbar con? £17 HiTec, is solar worth it?, Virgin train sale.. http://t.co/jMBs9QbagJ RT

• Follow Martin