Asda interview

Options
Hi

I completed an Asda application form from a local xmas jobs fair and got a phone call today, asking if am I still interested and do I want to come in for an interview/ induction (not sure what was said as I was too excited about actually getting postive news).

I have to go in next week, does anyone have any experience of the interview process at Asda as I have heard something about group tasks, role play etc.

If anyone can tell me their experience I would be grateful.

Cheers caz

Comments

• kittykate_2
    Options
    Hey,
    First you do the group interview. There was about 10 people in mine, we all sat around a big table and had name badges on. We had to talk to the person next to us for five mins and learn a bit about them, we did this and then introduced them to the rest of the group. Basically you say their name, a bit about them - kids, where they live etc and why they want to work at asda. You then get into little groups and do a group task. Ours was to put a little song together about dog food but I have heard of people building a bridge out of newspapers and things like that, basically team work exercises. The main thing is - they watch the way you interact so don't go in there and take over, you need to talk and give your thoughts and listen to other peoples. Make sure your team works together and includes everyone.

I did mines a couple of years ago but it's still the same only they have added this bit - doing a little quiz as well, some questions about asda - what's the motto and other things like that ("more for you for less" and all that lot), you also do a maths test. Very basic and you don't need to finish it in the time allotted. You'll get to write down what department you want to work on too.

Main advice - go in there and be confident but also listen and take on board what other people say and do. Be a team player because that's what one of the main things asda looks for.

Once you have done the group interview you will have an individual interview. This isn't too bad, I won't bog you down with that info now though, you've enough to think about.

HTH
    KKx
    :A I love MSE!!! :A
  • cazzie_4
    Options
    Hi thanks for the info , I get on well with people so think I will be ok, im a little bit nervous though and I hope I dont have to sing!! lol no one deserves to hear that!!!

thanks again
  • mountainofdebt
    Options
    Don't take this personally but make sure you have clean nails as this is one of the things they look out for.
    2014 Target;
    To overpay CC by £1,000.
    Overpayment to date : £310

2nd Purse Challenge:
    £15.88 saved to date
  • kittykate_2
    Options
    cazzie wrote:
    Hi thanks for the info , I get on well with people so think I will be ok, im a little bit nervous though and I hope I dont have to sing!! lol no one deserves to hear that!!!

thanks again

aah we didn't sing it, we kinda chanted it then slapped our bums and then ended it by shouting "that's asda price, duh duh" took our bows and then sat down red-faced. Strange thing is four out of our gorup of five all got jobs. I reckon thats cos if our bottom slappingly good song. the other didnt but I think thats cos when she was asked what she thinks of asda she said "i think tesco, ooops i mean asda, is a...." lol.
  • ti1980
    ti1980 Posts: 1,528 Forumite
    Options
    kittykate wrote:
    aah we didn't sing it, we kinda chanted it then slapped our bums and then ended it by shouting "that's asda price, duh duh" took our bows and then sat down red-faced. Strange thing is four out of our gorup of five all got jobs. I reckon thats cos if our bottom slappingly good song. the other didnt but I think thats cos when she was asked what she thinks of asda she said "i think tesco, ooops i mean asda, is a...." lol.

That post really made me laugh so I had to thank you for it.
    Do you enjoy working at Asda then? I suppose that is for another thread really.
  • kittykate_2
    Options
    It's a good place to work, I like it sometimes. The times I don;t like it are down to me being dissatisfied but that's not because of the company - it's me and my career aspirations. :)
  • ti1980
    ti1980 Posts: 1,528 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the reply, sounds a lot like my work.:)
  • cazzie_4
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice interview is tomorrow morning a bit nervous but think it will be ok :)
  • kittykate_2
    Options
    good luck.

last minute advice - stay calm and enjoy yourself, it doesn't feel like an interview. :)
  • Penny-Pincher!!
    Options
    Good luck and be yourself!
    To repeat what others have said, requires education, to challenge it,
    requires brains!
    FEB GC/DIESEL £200/4 WEEKS
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing