Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Essential Money > Budgeting & Bank Accounts > Unknown transaction on my debit card (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Unknown transaction on my debit card
Closed Thread
Views: 21,882
# 1
lightsource
Old 25-08-2010, 12:32 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Unknown transaction on my debit card

Hi all,

Don't know if you can help or not?

I've had a transaction for 3.99 go through on my debit card for the past few months listed as 'PM-FLI-DOM' - I've tried googling and cannot find who it is.

Barclays have now blocked any future payments and if I cannot find out who it is I will raise a chargeback but just didn't know if anyone had any idea what it is for?

Barclays have said its an Insurance company but cannot tell me any more how useless!

Thanks in advance for any help!

Michael
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lightsource For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2
traveller9946
Old 25-08-2010, 2:38 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Dont know if it helps but sometimes PM refers to a "Private Message" tha was sent to your mobile phone or pda maybe ?.

C
# 3
Mrs Jojo
Old 25-08-2010, 2:47 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Have you signed up for a new mobile phone recently? Sometimes you find you've agreed to pay insurance for them if you don't read the small print carefully... if you cancel the payment they will contact you and you can check you want whatever you are paying for!
# 4
ChamoisDan
Old 25-08-2010, 6:00 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

I have just had the same charge on my credit card and it has puzzled me, however at the weekend I signed up to the additional content (videos, live match commentaries) on the Wolverhampton Wanderers official website. The charge of GBP 3.99 matches that, so unless I get another GBP 3.99 charge with a clearer description I will assume that it is for online football. Have you signed up for your club's website perhaps?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChamoisDan For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5
lightsource
Old 25-08-2010, 6:19 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Thanks for the replies.

It wasn't actually my account, it was my friend's but she did mention something about QPR radio that she used to pay 3.99 for - I will let her know.

Thanks a million
The Following User Says Thank You to lightsource For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6
uncovered
Old 25-08-2010, 6:53 PM
MoneySaving Convert

the fli will stand for football league interactive
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to uncovered For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 7
lightsource
Old 25-08-2010, 7:02 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Yes, think we've tracked it down to FL Interactive... even though my friend said she had cancelled her subscription. Will wait and see what the outcome of her call is.
# 8
preable
Old 25-08-2010, 7:06 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Yes it should be the FL interactive
# 9
david39
Old 25-08-2010, 7:15 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

This is a really annoying feature on bank statements these days (online or paper). The company that is being paid has their name shortened so that it unrecognisable, or is sometimes completely different to the name you know them by.

I know that we should all keep our card receipts and check them against our statements but most of us put through only a small number of transactions per week so that if we regularly check online, memory allows us to spot wrong'uns.

However, on holiday, we use our cards at different retailers than normal but still tend to lose the receipts. It's a nightmare sometimes - a hotel we used in Turkey was billed on the bank statement under the name of the proprietor - quite a shock to see a substantial sum, paid for the bar bill on the last day there, appear on the bank statement under a name we did not know and recorded as the day after we left. We were nervous for some time afterwards in case a second amount appeared under the hotel's name ....... Luckily, it didn't!
The Following User Says Thank You to david39 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 10
mhshrimpton
Old 03-09-2010, 10:27 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

I couldn't work out what PM FLI DOM was either - until I googled my way to this thread. Yes it's Premium TV (or Perform as they now call themselves !) and it was for my annual subscription to Chesterfield FC's online player service. (no sniggering please)

I've asked them via their contact form to use a more meaningful comment on their transactions.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mhshrimpton For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 11
liuhut
Old 30-10-2010, 2:40 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

I LOVE Mse, I just checked my CC and had a transaction for 39.99 from these people...sat trying to figure out what it is, realised that its OH fee for watching my footy team while we are in Oz, saves me a phone call to the bank so thanks guys
L x
WIN 2008 in 2008 1836.31 2009 wins - 91!!! 2010 wins in Oz $ 6170.... wins 2011 aprox $2000
MFIT - number 37. Reduce my mortgage from 63,500 to 48,000. now at 54,000...
# 12
wednesdayite
Old 30-12-2010, 11:59 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default I have a transaction too

I have a transaction too for 39.99 on my account marked PM-FLI-GBP Feltham.

I asked my Bank for details and they said it was for cable services ... ah Net Premium TV. But, I had cancelled my DD a long time ago. I then remember receiving a phone call from Net Premium offering me a great deal saying I could have half the season for 5. They have taken my CC details and billed me for another year. Net Premium Tv no longer exists and some comapny I have no idea of have the right to dip into my account and take 40 each year.

To top it all, my hard drive on my computer went to powder earlier this year with all kind of details on it.

Anyone know who this company is and has some contact number or address?
# 13
Owl1867
Old 08-01-2011, 10:31 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wednesdayite View Post
I have a transaction too for 39.99 on my account marked PM-FLI-GBP Feltham.

I asked my Bank for details and they said it was for cable services ... ah Net Premium TV. But, I had cancelled my DD a long time ago. I then remember receiving a phone call from Net Premium offering me a great deal saying I could have half the season for 5. They have taken my CC details and billed me for another year. Net Premium Tv no longer exists and some comapny I have no idea of have the right to dip into my account and take 40 each year.

To top it all, my hard drive on my computer went to powder earlier this year with all kind of details on it.

Anyone know who this company is and has some contact number or address?
Hey Mate - Exact same problem but I worked out what mine is.

Considering your name is wednesdayite i think it's the same thing

It is the Charge from Wednesday World swfc

Up the Owls!
# 14
randymandy0212
Old 09-01-2011, 8:05 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Smile pm-fli-dom

Thankyou everyone for all your messages just been on the site, My husband subscribed to grimsby town football club, & that was the amount we paid. I would have been pulling my hair out if it wasnt for you guys

thankyou
# 15
NYGiants
Old 28-03-2011, 10:46 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by randymandy0212 View Post
Thankyou everyone for all your messages just been on the site, My husband subscribed to grimsby town football club, & that was the amount we paid. I would have been pulling my hair out if it wasnt for you guys

thankyou
I think he needs professional help
The Following User Says Thank You to NYGiants For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 16
potatohead
Old 15-08-2011, 10:29 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Pm-fli-dom

PM-FLI-DOM - is the company that provides videos to football supporter web sites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsource View Post
Hi all,

Don't know if you can help or not?

I've had a transaction for 3.99 go through on my debit card for the past few months listed as 'PM-FLI-DOM' - I've tried googling and cannot find who it is.

Barclays have now blocked any future payments and if I cannot find out who it is I will raise a chargeback but just didn't know if anyone had any idea what it is for?

Barclays have said its an Insurance company but cannot tell me any more how useless!

Thanks in advance for any help!

Michael
# 17
PSLS78
Old 18-08-2011, 12:56 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Non-authorined payment from PM-FLI-DOM (WEDNESDAY PLAYER I THINK!)

Hi All - just got my credit card bill through this morning. I have a payment which I didn't authorise for 39.99 from PM-FLI-DOM on 4 August. I googled this, as I didn't know originally what it was, and found this forum so am asking for advice!

I was a subscriber to Wednesday Player, or whatever it was called, in 2008 and 2009. But I didn't renew in 2010 or 2011, and am sure I cancelled in 2009 via an email to the company (though haven't got the email). I can't find any phone number to call, or email address to contact, to discuss this with the company.

I called Nationwide Credit Card and they have told me that this is a dispute between me and the company, not an incident of fraud. I have asked to cancel my credit card, but they wouldn't do this until I paid off the outstanding balance (i.e. the payment to Wednesday Player). I have now paid this, and they are sending me a dispute form to complete. I also have to call back tomorrow to cancel my card. It's just appalling practice all around!

Have any of you been successful in getting your money back from 'Player', or indeed speaking to anyone there?

Any input appreciated!
# 18
ems100
Old 04-10-2011, 12:39 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Perform took 39.99 said will refund

Hi
Just thought I would add to this. Perform took 39.99 from my bank which has left me broke today! I googled the debit reference 'Pm Fli GBP with the bank advisor this morning and that led me to Perform who sell Player / Premium TV. I have spoken to them and they agreed they mis sold me as it was a cold call offering a 3 month deal for 4.99 and I remember specifically saying I didn't want an annual subscription from Oct - the sales man assured me no more money would be taken. I am now told it will take up to 10 days for the refund to credit my account - too late for me as I will now have to borrow money!
Closed Thread