Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    calleyw
    On SSP can any other benefits be claimed
    • 18th Sep 06, 2:06 PM
    On SSP can any other benefits be claimed 18th Sep 06 at 2:06 PM
    My husband has just been signed off sick today for another 3 weeks.

I am working but my monthly pay depends on how many week and how many hours I do per month.

At the moment I am running around after my husband for dr's appointments so I am losing much needed money.

Apart from his 70 for SSP a week and my money which will just cover mortgage and household bills for the month. I should have a some left for fuel so I can get to and from work and that will be about it.

We have savings but they are all tied up and not easy to get at.

Is there any extra help we can get. I know we will not get council tax benefit as we have too much in savings.

Can we claim anything else. I am hoping that my husbands medical problem is temporary as there is no way that we can live on my wages for ever.

I suspect it is case of nothing extra.

Even the job centre said that he should claim Incacapity and not SSP.

Thanks in advance.

Yours

Calley
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,726Posts Today

11,332Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Spiderman beat the flash in new Superhero marathon world record.... http://t.co/HRkIdbgw88 via @AthleticsWeekly

• Should you buy Euros now at £1 = ?1.39 in case the election kills the pound? My full analysis.... http://t.co/RVaUgNPrZy

• Trying to find the tweeter who told me their app for a cheaper remortgage was rejected due to failing affordability criteria. Is it u?

• Follow Martin