🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

MSE News: Santander 'worst bank for customer service'

Options
This is the discussion thread for the following MSE News Story:

"MoneySavingExpert.com users have overwhelmingly rated the Spanish giant bottom in our customer service poll ..."

Comments

• split_second
    split_second Posts: 2,761 Forumite
    Options
    i'm not surprised, i've been with santander (or abbey national as it was when i joined) for most of my adult life, as soon as santander took over it declined rapidly, call centres went to india, branch queues out the door etc.

unfortunatly the banks with the better service ratings dont have branches nearby :(
    Who remembers when X Factor was just Roman suncream?
  • usedandabused
    Options
    many many years ago I remember my mum having an abbey national passbook account, I was always under the impression they were a great building society, but they were always going downhill when it demutalised, way before our spanish amigos came and took over.

I've found all bar a remote few that went from BS to banks a disgrace when it comes to service !
    She LEFT me, she LIED, and she made me foot the BILL ! :mad:
  • usedandabused
    Options
    i'm not surprised, i've been with santander (or abbey national as it was when i joined) for most of my adult life, as soon as santander took over it declined rapidly, call centres went to india, branch queues out the door etc.

unfortunatly the banks with the better service ratings dont have branches nearby :(

MOST banks have their call centres in India and even when x y or z says uk only call centres they have branched off at least some other services to india.

and abbey national was rapidly declining when it demutalised imho
    She LEFT me, she LIED, and she made me foot the BILL ! :mad:
  • questionabout
    Options
    My brother is with Santander (Abbey) and has forever been complaining about the service, although he got a good deal on his mortgage and so is "forced" to say. Seriously I don't know why he puts up with it. :mad:

What I do feel is wrong in light of this Survey, is Martin has still rated the company top No.1 Winner of the Best Bank Account on Rate. Sure the £100 switch may be good and in-credit rate, but I think that a HUGE WARNING should be put on the Best Account Table TODAY for anyone who doesn't read the forums.

According to these MSE results new customers could pay in the long run with poor Santander service.
  • hudgebadger
    Options
    I am with A and L. To be honest I am putting up with them until I can migrate to a better bank.

whenever I go into the branch there are always long queues, and it takes forever to be seen by anyone.

When I phone I can be waiting for what feels like an eternity for the phone to be answered (This is me calling a local branch)

Enough said or I will start to rant :(

Chris
  • SG_Guy
    SG_Guy Posts: 100 Forumite
    Options
    Everyone needs to be aware of having any product with Santander and I don't care how 'attractive' they are because you will ultimately pay in the end with your time, cost of phone calls and endless frustration when things go wrong.

I don't understand how the FSA can allow Santander to operate in the UK. The customer service is appalling, they can't carry out simple instructions instead mucking things up and creating more work for the customer. And worst of it all, the customer always, always ends up doing all the work.

A joke of an organisation, a joke of a bank. Stay away!!
  • littlepinky84
    Options
    Great! i shall look forward to Santander taking over my Natwest branch!!!
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute :whistle:
  • split_second
    split_second Posts: 2,761 Forumite
    Options
    there is a rumour of co-op opening a branch near me. *crosses fingers*
    Who remembers when X Factor was just Roman suncream?
  • goingforward_3
    Options
    Well given the recent dealings i've had with them over the last 3 weeks i'm not at all surprised they have been voted worst bank.. I've lost count of the amount of different people i have spoken to at Santander and everyone has told me something different and i'm no nearer my business account being opened than i was 3 weeks ago when i applied for it.

I dread to think how much its cost me in phone calls trying to get an answer from someone.
  • MSE News: Santander 'worst bank for customer service'

That's news?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills