Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Lindav3148
    Should MOT Advisory Notes be given to you by the seller?
    • 10th Aug 10, 1:12 PM
    Should MOT Advisory Notes be given to you by the seller? 10th Aug 10 at 1:12 PM
    Hi, 6 months ago (end of December 2009) I bought a Vauxhall Astra which had to have an MOT before I could collect. My car passed and I was given a copy of the MOT Certificate.

I have just had to put the car in for a service as it had done 50K miles. It has just cost me 800 as not only did it need a service, but it needed new brakes on back and front as there was nothing left on them whatsoever. I mentioned the brakes when I bought it and was told that it was just because it had been sitting on the forecourt for a few months. It also needed: - air conditioning serviced, cam belt, two new front tyres, back driver side suspension. I've also been advised that for it's MOT in December 2010, I will need a new exhaust as the outer skin is totally corroded, two new back tyres and one of the front brake pipes is corroded.

I only had a 3 month warranty with the car, is there anything that I can go back to the garage with as I cannot believe that the car should have passed the MOT in December?? As a minimum I would have thought the advisory notes should have been given to me, so that I could have made an informed choice about the car?
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

241Posts Today

1,349Users online

Martin's Twitter