Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    gizmomum
    LloydsTSB limitting debit card transactions
    • 29th Jul 10, 1:02 PM
    LloydsTSB limitting debit card transactions 29th Jul 10 at 1:02 PM
    Hi everyone
    Not sure if this is the right place but here goes. Bit of a rant more than a question!
    Payday was yesterday for us and we have a fair few payments due to go out on that day, not all by direct debit. Most of the card payments go automatically and I paid three online in the morning. Then at lunchtime I tried to make a payment on my debit card which was refused. I couldn't quite believe it as there were definitely enough funds available even with the payments that hadn't showed yet.
    However I phoned Lloyds and explained the problem only to be told initially that it was because the refused transaction had been tried too may times. This didn't make much sense and just as the agent was about to explain we got cut off
    I called Lloyds straight back and eventually it was explained that it was because there had been too many transactions on the card that day. I asked if there was any way round this and after them checking with my branch and 'another department' it turned out that there was no way round this and I wouldn't be able to make any payments with my card until all the transactions had cleared....which they're not sure how long it will take!!!
    This is the first I've heard of a limit on number of transactions and I wondered if anybody else had had anything similar

To be honest it seems that Lloyds sometimes seem intent on making life difficult!!!!
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

819Posts Today

4,891Users online

Martin's Twitter