Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    cris01
    Axa insurance cancellation - 25 charge!
    • 27th Jul 10, 11:16 PM
    Axa insurance cancellation - 25 charge! 27th Jul 10 at 11:16 PM
    Yesterday I used the comparison sites on MSE to get a quote for car insurance, the cheapest was with AXA. My current insurance does not finish until 29/07/10, so I completed all the details online, and paid the one off payment by credit card. It was only when discussing the details with my partner that I realised that my car was an accident damaged repairable, cat D, and was not covered by the insurance ( a fact hidden in the t&c's). As i had to put in the reg no, and the website reurned the details of my car, I'd assumed it was ok. Anyway, I rang today to cancel, and was told that I would have to pay a cancellation fee of 25 ( even though the insurance hadn't even started!) I was told the reason was admin costs had been incurred. I have since looked at other insurers websites, the ones I have checked don't charge if cancelled within a certain period, 14 days seems to be the norm. I thought by law there had to be a 14 day "cooling off" period. I just wondered if there was anything else I could do besides complain to AXA?
    Thank you, any advice appreciated!
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,488Posts Today

9,199Users online

Martin's Twitter