Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Return to work credit..will it be stopped?
    • 6th Jul 10, 6:57 PM
    Return to work credit..will it be stopped? 6th Jul 10 at 6:57 PM
    At the end of May I started working on a part time basis. I lost my last job through ill health and after two years sick I finally managed to find an employer willing to take me on. I work 25 hrs a week and earn around 10,000 per annum. Prior to that I was on 18,000 for three days a week so though it is a drop, I'm just grateful for the chance.

I qualified for the RTWC and it started going into my bank a few weeks ago. I received a letter asking that at week 10 I provide 2 wage slips to show my income. My problem is that my first four weeks were full time as it is a mandatory training course and my earnings before tax were 1330. I have returned to what will be my normal work pattern and will get 874 at the end of this month.

Can anyone advise me if the fact that I earned more the first month will mean that my payments will stop? I'm still not going to earn over the 15,000 qualifying amount as there will be no more extra hours. I'm worried sick as the RTWC was the only reason I took the job. As it stands my wage just covers my mortgage, council tax, travel etc. The 40 a week makes a world of a difference. I will be okay after my years probation as I then go on to 13,000 but if my RTWC stops before then I will end up back on benefits as it's just not feasible to carry on.

Many thanks in advance.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,840Posts Today

6,439Users online

Martin's Twitter