Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

compelling personal reasons for student funding help needed!!
    • 5th Jul 10, 6:15 PM
    compelling personal reasons for student funding help needed!! 5th Jul 10 at 6:15 PM
    Help needed!

I left my course after 1 year and a half years due to my mothers and fathers seperation and the subsequent depression of my mother.

Unfortunately i just left the course due to severe upset caused and had to take on the role of carer for my mother and look after myself too whilst dealing with the messy break up of my parents.

I unfortunately don't have any evidence proving this and my parents have since got back together

student finance england are asking for some documentation/evidence of why i left and due to the above reasons i don't have any.

I really don't know what to do as i desperately now want to go to uni to go into teaching (english and media studies) and then pgce or gtp after.

I sent a brief letter and now there requesting to know more details,

If i get desperate i would be using my student loan to pay my tuition fee's and then work whilst studying but this is not really the ideal option!

Does anybody have any ideas what they will say or what i can do

many thanks.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,659Posts Today

8,438Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Very funny little viral vid showing how the world would be if it were run by energy companies - worth a watch

• RT @singhy10: Thanks @MartinSLewis Used your tip re sky TV cancellation. One call reduced bill from £99pm to £51pm £576 Per year!!!

• M'weekly email: 1st time buyers deal, Sky hike, Govt student Uturn, HOT bband, PPI alert, Tesco Wine, £10 varnish£25

• Follow Martin