Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • shopaholic2
    • By shopaholic2 1st Jul 10, 10:03 PM
    • 599Posts
    • 236Thanks
    shopaholic2
    0 WOW
    Holiday discount centre
    • 1st Jul 10, 10:03 PM
    0 WOW
    Holiday discount centre 1st Jul 10 at 10:03 PM
    This post may be in the wrong place,but its worth a try!

We are looking for some advice about a problem we are having with this company...
    Firstly I can say that over the phone they have been nothing but helpful and polite HOWEVER....
    We went online to book some accomodation In palma Majorca.Went right through to the checkout, put in card details etc....payment declined.
    No reason for this as plenty of money in the bank, but hey hoe hubby rings them to find out.
    They take a card payment over the phone....declined.
    He tries my card.....declined.

So, I ring the bank, very helpful chap tells me that the ONLY payment that was actually authorised by the bank,(not declined) was the first one done over the internet, other payments have been declined ( thankfully)
    So,(still with me?) hubby rings holiday discounts again, they say they do not have that payment.
    Basically at the mo we have paid £511 for a holiday, online, that no one has any knowledge of!!

The bank gave me the authorisation code, which we told to the holiday discount rep but they still cannot find the payment.
    I'm quite worried, where is our money and where is our holiday??!!

Can anyone give me any advise?
Page 1
    • delwynshd
    • By delwynshd 1st Jul 10, 10:13 PM
    • 2,880 Posts
    • 778 Thanks
    delwynshd
    • 1st Jul 10, 10:13 PM
    • 1st Jul 10, 10:13 PM
    Hi I work for the company

We have an accounts department who would check the system to see what transactions have gone through its a simple system they check to see if your money has gone into our account the payment would of declined for a number of reasons the main reason is that the details entered didnt pass the security checks

Or your bank declined the money incase of fraud, I will help you the mora and speak with the office to try and resolve the matter but we are usually very on the ball with this

Sometimes what happens is when you try and make a payment online and it declines your bank doesnt let the transaction go through and its looks like it has it usually falls back into your account

I can honestly say that if you have spoken to them in the office the staff are all very good and would of checked and checked again
    Last edited by delwynshd; 01-07-2010 at 10:18 PM.
    I am a Travel Agent

My company’s ABTA numbers are P6046. MSE doesn't check my status as a Travel Agent, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Travel Agent Code of Conduct.
    • shopaholic2
    • By shopaholic2 2nd Jul 10, 8:15 AM
    • 599 Posts
    • 236 Thanks
    shopaholic2
    • 2nd Jul 10, 8:15 AM
    • 2nd Jul 10, 8:15 AM
    Hi, I agree that the staff were very very helpful, the girl rang us back twice, we didnt have to ring them or hang on...
    update, if this helps, I've had a call from the bank this morning checking that the transaction was made by me, (checking fraud), so I'm hoping now I've confirmed it they will let it rhu, altho it already had an authorisation code.

Thanks for your help and input, its much appreciated...
    Deb
    • delwynshd
    • By delwynshd 2nd Jul 10, 9:51 AM
    • 2,880 Posts
    • 778 Thanks
    delwynshd
    • 2nd Jul 10, 9:51 AM
    • 2nd Jul 10, 9:51 AM
    No worries

Hope you get sorted and if you would like me to try and process your transaction just give me a shout

Thanks
    Del
    I am a Travel Agent

My company’s ABTA numbers are P6046. MSE doesn't check my status as a Travel Agent, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Travel Agent Code of Conduct.
    • shopaholic2
    • By shopaholic2 2nd Jul 10, 12:04 PM
    • 599 Posts
    • 236 Thanks
    shopaholic2
    • 2nd Jul 10, 12:04 PM
    • 2nd Jul 10, 12:04 PM
    Hi,
    I spoke to the bank this morning and they have declined ALL attempts to pay, so altho its good that im not paying 3 or 4 times, we now have to start again!!

Will ring up later and pay over the phone....
    Im really glad my bank are so on the ball re; fraud,but its a bit of a pita when you wanna book a holiday!

Thanks for your help
    • delwynshd
    • By delwynshd 2nd Jul 10, 12:56 PM
    • 2,880 Posts
    • 778 Thanks
    delwynshd
    • 2nd Jul 10, 12:56 PM
    • 2nd Jul 10, 12:56 PM
    Yeah it happens all the time the bank stops the money going through

This sometimes causes major problems for people booking, people lose out so many times becasue of it

Im glad its resolved

Del
    I am a Travel Agent

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

307Posts Today

2,401Users online

Martin's Twitter