Los Angeles Hotels - best place to book?

Options
hi all,

My girlfriend and I are hitting the west coast of the US this August and we have 3 nights planned in Los Angeles.

We want to stay in either:-
The W hollywood
The Andaz, West Hollywood
The Roosevelt

Can anyone recommend the best place to book on the web? We have got a few quotes through tripadvisor partner sites..

The dates would be Sun 15th Aug til Wed 18th Aug.

Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• dickydonkin
    dickydonkin Posts: 3,055 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you are prepared to wait until the last minute, you will get some excellent discounts on Hotwire or Priceline, but for some types of reservations such as 'name your own price' you will need to do your research to ensure you get the hotel you actually want.

I am going in October and I will book my hotels about a week prior to departure.
  • trets77
    trets77 Posts: 2,886 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Try hotels.com with quidco cashback . also try Atlas choice

often good prices . or try direct with hotels .
    Better in my pocket than theirs :rotfl:
  • luci
    luci Posts: 5,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Booking.com sometimes has good rates and Atlas Choice as mentioned above.
  • iainfitzy
    iainfitzy Posts: 216 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. Will take a look.
  • skippa59
    skippa59 Posts: 80 Forumite
    Options
    stayed at the andaz last sept. paid £80 per night after bidding on priceline. Excellant way to get cheap rates if you research properly. Lots of info on these forums. Andaz a bit over the top for my taste but has a great history and the location is fantastic
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Options
    skippa59 wrote: »
    stayed at the andaz last sept. paid £80 per night after bidding on priceline. Excellant way to get cheap rates if you research properly. Lots of info on these forums. Andaz a bit over the top for my taste but has a great history and the location is fantastic

For that zone you tend to get either the Andaz or the Hyatt Century City. I have stayed at the Hyatt twice and would highly recommend it, so that zone seems like a good bet all round. ;)
    Gone ... or have I?
  • dickydonkin
    dickydonkin Posts: 3,055 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    skippa59 wrote: »

I have just looked at the Andaz and it looks fine to me.

Did you submit the zip code for that hotel in Priceline or actual area (W Hollywood)?
  • TomPrince82
    Options
    Have you booked a hotel room through Atlas Choice? or just seen the good rates they offer?

I have just booked with them but now concerned they are a bit dodgy as they are asking me to send a "Card Authorisation Form" which will supposedly assure them my transaction wasn't fraudulent, but they want all the information like name, address, security number as well as front and back photocopies of the card... with all that they could do anything with the card! Am i just being paranoid??
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Options
    Have you booked a hotel room through Atlas Choice? or just seen the good rates they offer?

I have just booked with them but now concerned they are a bit dodgy as they are asking me to send a "Card Authorisation Form" which will supposedly assure them my transaction wasn't fraudulent, but they want all the information like name, address, security number as well as front and back photocopies of the card... with all that they could do anything with the card! Am i just being paranoid??

I have used AtlasChoice with no problems.
    Gone ... or have I?
  • TomPrince82
    Options
    Thanks dmg24. Did they request you complete this form?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure