Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    **purplemoon**
    Veggie sides to go with gamey meats?
    • 22nd Aug 06, 10:50 PM
    Veggie sides to go with gamey meats? 22nd Aug 06 at 10:50 PM
    Hi

I've read a lot of threads on this board, and also picked up a lot of tips - thanks! - so I am fairly confident someone will be able to help me out here

A recent day trip out had me visiting a rather luxurious farm shop whereby I managed to pick up some rather "exotic" meat products - kangaroo, buffalo, ostrich, wild boar etc - which are now languishing in my freezer, awaiting one of my infamous parties!

The meat products are in the form of burgers, sausages and steaks which I intend to cook rather plainly (grill, fry, bbq etc) so we can experience the different flavours and textures, but I'm at a bit of a loss as to what carbs/veggies I should make to compliment the gamey meats.

I'm an "average" cook who likes to experiment, so not afraid to try anything a little unusual/difficult, and my intended victims recipients are game (haha!) for trying new foods (don't think they have spotted my new snail farm yet tho )

I would, if possible, like to incorporate some freshly harvested beetroot into the menu, but other than that, anything goes and I have a very well-stocked storecupboard so give me what you got!
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

395Posts Today

1,367Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Apologies for the vulgarity but did the #Wimbledon bbc2 commentator just say "he doesn't beat himself off?"

• Eeek did we forget to pay the meter? No power in MSE Towers - no phones - (appartently power down in whole central london)

• Warning! Did you start Uni in or after 2012? If so govt mooting making your loans more costly. See http://t.co/oF99EWBpIZ RT to spread word

• Follow Martin