Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    crocodile007
    Why won't my bank give me a loan?
    • 25th May 10, 1:52 PM
    Why won't my bank give me a loan? 25th May 10 at 1:52 PM
    Hi,

I have had 3 previous loans from my bank one was 15,000+ and i never missed a single payment and they are all now settled. I have checked my Experian credit rating which is 999 and my Equifax one which is 496.

I recently applied for an online loan from Natwest for 4,000. I only have one current credit card with a balance of 2,000 but yet i was rejected.

I called and spoke to their loans department and advised the above (at the time i didn't have my Equifax rating and was told that they use Equifax and i must have failed that. I then ordered my Equifax credit rating which came back at 496 (excellent) so i don't understand what possible criteria could be excluding me. I have been with the bank for over 10 years, liuved at my current address for 8 years, have been in the same job for 6 years, on the electoroll etc.

Also this is the first bit of credit i have applied for for over a year.

Any Ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Can anyone recomment a good current account as opposed to my Natwest Advantage Gold account. Thanks again.
    Last edited by crocodile007; 25-05-2010 at 3:09 PM. Reason: EDIT
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,237Posts Today

7,033Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • After how long will your student loan be wiped (it all depends on what year you started). Full info here... http://t.co/FqCN7ETU9D

• RT @financialombuds: Are you up for a new challenge? We're hiring in London, UK! https://t.co/jqFDmJ8RC4

• On way to ITVs social mobility partnership to talk on student finance to 6th formers from non traditional uni backgrounds. Important message

• Follow Martin