Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    harry58
    mobile carer - petrol allowance help
    • 19th Aug 06, 6:41 PM
    mobile carer - petrol allowance help 19th Aug 06 at 6:41 PM
    Hi, i am starting a new job on monday as a mobile carer.I was informed at my interview that i could claim back petrol allowance as i would be doing about 40 miles per day(5 days a week).This claim used to be off the company i am about to work for but its now changed as a claim via the goverment.I didnt pressure too much at the interview as to how to claim and how much could be claimed as i was just happy to get the job, but i believe it is around 25p a mile.Does anybody have a similar job or have any knowledge about this.I appeciate claims may varie from each company,but as its a goverment claim i thought it may be a bit more of a standard sort of rate of claim back.Anyway sorry to bore you but i would appreciate any help.Many thanks
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,907Posts Today

6,604Users online

Martin's Twitter