Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    munkeygirl
    Part time work from home needed
    • 16th May 10, 1:09 PM
    Part time work from home needed 16th May 10 at 1:09 PM
    Does anyone know any legitimate agencies that I can contact to take on part time work that I can do from home, in the evenings and at weekends? Dont mind what it is, stuffing envelopes, typing reports, etc etc. Basically anything that will pay a little extra money each week to help me survive the recession? I have come across websites but they seem to want money up front and I am loathe to do that in case it is a scam! Any advice would be appreciated.

This Forum Tip was included in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email

Don't miss out on new deals, loopholes, and vouchers

Last edited by Former MSE Wendy; 18-05-2010 at 9:12 PM.
Page 1
    • Cleosmum
    • By Cleosmum 16th May 10, 1:56 PM
    • 2,661 Posts
    • 9,288 Thanks
    Cleosmum
    • 16th May 10, 1:56 PM
    • 16th May 10, 1:56 PM
    Have you looked on the Up Your Income board?
    Jan 2016 Grocery Challenge: £184.58/£400 (16/01)
    • CompletelyLost
    • By CompletelyLost 16th May 10, 2:24 PM
    • 2,797 Posts
    • 8,940 Thanks
    CompletelyLost
    • 16th May 10, 2:24 PM
    • 16th May 10, 2:24 PM
    This might help -
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2132075
    • tyllwyd
    • By tyllwyd 16th May 10, 4:58 PM
    • 5,322 Posts
    • 4,328 Thanks
    tyllwyd
    • 16th May 10, 4:58 PM
    • 16th May 10, 4:58 PM
    First rule of thumb - if they ask for money up front assume it is a scam. If you are signing up to a party plan type thing, you will have to pay out to get stock etc to get started, but if you go down that road make sure that you are happy with what you will get for your money and any other costs involved, and don't get involved if you think you might lose interest and give up after a couple of parties, because you will end up out of pocket.
  • DarkConvict
    • 16th May 10, 5:54 PM
    • 16th May 10, 5:54 PM
    I agree stay away from anything with startup/sign up costs. Your funding them before helping yourself, and there is no guarantee to make a profit from doing the work if you are incurring costs.
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

There are two ways of constructing a software design: One way is to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies, and the other way is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies
  • electricdove
    • 19th May 10, 9:01 AM
    Work from Home
    • 19th May 10, 9:01 AM
    It depends on your skills & what you want to do. If you're good at some types of office work, it may be that peopleperhour.com would be a good place to look. You bid for work & according to The Guardian, you can get a decent income from it - though I can't prove that!
    I do online surveys for various companies & make a bit of money. It seems to me that it depends on your age - hit your late 50s & you get fewer surveys! A friend is 49 though, & she buys all her Christmas presents for her family (of 15!) through doing them!!
  • flutemaster
    • 19th May 10, 9:27 AM
    • 19th May 10, 9:27 AM
    you could try selling Bettarware no start up costs ,downside alot of walking and only 20% commision ie for every £100 of orders you get £20.also leaflet delivery just register may have to wait though for availability again a lot of walking somewhere about £33 per 1000.the address is Link Direct Birkenhead.At least you would get fit doing the above.
  • flutemaster
    • 19th May 10, 9:41 AM
    • 19th May 10, 9:41 AM
    just had another idea I do trials for medical research and have just earned £3000.300 tax free for 18 days but quite a lot pay approx £800 for a weeks trial.Downside is you have to stay on the premises for the duration could be tricky for families/work and the extra head you may grow might get in the way,the last bit was a joke.If interested look up Simbec Research on the web
  • flutemaster
    • 19th May 10, 10:01 AM
    • 19th May 10, 10:01 AM
    Sorry!! me again ,do you play an instrument? if so could try teaching it ,I got to grade 5 in a year on the flute and this was sufficient to teach beginners.Technicaly you are supposed to have a CRB check but if you are willing to go to their houses and are happy for parents to be present(recommended)this should be ok.I was told most people are lazy and greedy so exploit these faults to make money
  • competitionscafe
    Watch out for sites like this (and many similar ones) currently being widely advertised online: they are all scams!

kellysmoneyblog.com
    Cash4surveysuk.com
    http://blogs.mirror.co.uk/investigations/2009/12/my-name-is-kelly-rooney-and-i.html
    "The happiest of people don't necessarily have the
    best of everything; they just make the best
    of everything that comes along their way."
    -- Author Unknown --
  • miche80
    This is an excellent opportunity
    There is a great company that allows you to work from home within the health and wellbeing industry called Forever Living. You have two options when you join, you can become a distributor for free, however the quickest way to start tapping into the uncapped income available, is to purchase the starter box giving 17 out of the 2 most popular products. I believe it is an excellent company with Investors in People certification. If you're going to join a MLM company, might as well join the best.
    • property.advert
    • By property.advert 19th May 10, 11:59 PM
    • 4,040 Posts
    • 2,158 Thanks
    property.advert
    It depends on your skills & what you want to do. If you're good at some types of office work, it may be that peopleperhour.com would be a good place to look. You bid for work & according to The Guardian, you can get a decent income from it - though I can't prove that!
    I do online surveys for various companies & make a bit of money. It seems to me that it depends on your age - hit your late 50s & you get fewer surveys! A friend is 49 though, & she buys all her Christmas presents for her family (of 15!) through doing them!!
    Originally posted by electricdove
    Obviously surveys need some thought. I am married, home owner, 3 kids of various ages, 2 car household, etc. I get loads of surveys. My missus gets loads from Ipsos and she is a 27 year old mum ! Ages 35-45 seem to work well.
    • poppasmurf_bewdley
    • By poppasmurf_bewdley 25th Mar 16, 11:29 AM
    • 4,777 Posts
    • 4,895 Thanks
    poppasmurf_bewdley
    just had another idea I do trials for medical research and have just earned £3000.300 tax free for 18 days but quite a lot pay approx £800 for a weeks trial.Downside is you have to stay on the premises for the duration could be tricky for families/work and the extra head you may grow might get in the way,the last bit was a joke.If interested look up Simbec Research on the web
    Originally posted by flutemaster
    Or you could end up like the poor sods in France recently who are brain dead because of the test drugs they took!
    There are not enough superlatives in the English language to describe a 'Princess Coronation' locomotive in full cry. We shall never see their like again". O.S. Nock
    • lambda
    • By lambda 25th Mar 16, 11:46 AM
    • 219 Posts
    • 719 Thanks
    lambda
    Speaking from experience, avoid *like the plague* anything which seems too good to be true and requires you to buy a bunch of stock up front for a hefty fee. A few years ago, my OH tried to do one of these kleeneze like party things where she had to arrange parties, and then go and sell stock. It was a complete waste of time. It was impossible to get any parties booked, so after she wasted about £100 of stock and several weeks, she gave up. It is all based on 'pyramid selling' too, so you are assigned a manager who then takes a cut of your commission, and so on. Just avoid them. That's my advice to you. Sorry.

Do you have any particular skills you can exploit to make money? Knitting/crochet? You can make items and sell them, perhaps?
    October 2015 = -13242.16 DFD 28/10/2016 £0
    • Puzzcat
    • By Puzzcat 25th Mar 16, 12:18 PM
    • 3,753 Posts
    • 15,840 Thanks
    Puzzcat
    The op posted this in 2010...
    Christmas 2016 £600 cash/£105 vouchers
    I love my dmp started in Nov 13 with SC 32.2% paid
    Going Self Managed March 2016
    Pot Of Gold - £335.00
    MY DIARY -
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4768685
    • lambda
    • By lambda 25th Mar 16, 12:20 PM
    • 219 Posts
    • 719 Thanks
    lambda
    Doh!

Well, hopefully my advice stands for other people reading this...
    October 2015 = -13242.16 DFD 28/10/2016 £0
    • Callilunasa
    • By Callilunasa 9th Oct 16, 9:52 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Callilunasa
    It was helpful for me as I have been considering Kleeneze but as time goes on am not convinced.
    • 19lottie82
    • By 19lottie82 9th Oct 16, 8:15 PM
    • 5,600 Posts
    • 8,577 Thanks
    19lottie82
    There is a great company that allows you to work from home within the health and wellbeing industry called Forever Living. You have two options when you join, you can become a distributor for free, however the quickest way to start tapping into the uncapped income available, is to purchase the starter box giving 17 out of the 2 most popular products. I believe it is an excellent company with Investors in People certification. If you're going to join a MLM company, might as well join the best.
    Originally posted by miche80
    No. No. No.

Don't sign up for this, or anything like it.

It's just a really dodgy pyramid selling scheme.

Seriously, don't.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,356Posts Today

7,054Users online

Martin's Twitter