Part time work from home needed

munkeygirl
munkeygirl Posts: 1 Newbie
edited 18 May 2010 at 8:12PM in Debt-free wannabe
Does anyone know any legitimate agencies that I can contact to take on part time work that I can do from home, in the evenings and at weekends? Dont mind what it is, stuffing envelopes, typing reports, etc etc. Basically anything that will pay a little extra money each week to help me survive the recession? I have come across websites but they seem to want money up front and I am loathe to do that in case it is a scam! Any advice would be appreciated.

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Comments

• Cleosmum
    Cleosmum Posts: 2,673
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Have you looked on the Up Your Income board?
  • tyllwyd
    tyllwyd Posts: 5,496 Forumite
    First rule of thumb - if they ask for money up front assume it is a scam. If you are signing up to a party plan type thing, you will have to pay out to get stock etc to get started, but if you go down that road make sure that you are happy with what you will get for your money and any other costs involved, and don't get involved if you think you might lose interest and give up after a couple of parties, because you will end up out of pocket.
  • DarkConvict
    DarkConvict Posts: 6,338
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I agree stay away from anything with startup/sign up costs. Your funding them before helping yourself, and there is no guarantee to make a profit from doing the work if you are incurring costs.
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

There are two ways of constructing a software design: One way is to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies, and the other way is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies
  • It depends on your skills & what you want to do. If you're good at some types of office work, it may be that peopleperhour.com would be a good place to look. You bid for work & according to The Guardian, you can get a decent income from it - though I can't prove that!
    I do online surveys for various companies & make a bit of money. It seems to me that it depends on your age - hit your late 50s & you get fewer surveys! A friend is 49 though, & she buys all her Christmas presents for her family (of 15!) through doing them!!
  • you could try selling Bettarware no start up costs ,downside alot of walking and only 20% commision ie for every £100 of orders you get £20.also leaflet delivery just register may have to wait though for availability again a lot of walking somewhere about £33 per 1000.the address is Link Direct Birkenhead.At least you would get fit doing the above.
  • just had another idea I do trials for medical research and have just earned £3000.300 tax free for 18 days but quite a lot pay approx £800 for a weeks trial.Downside is you have to stay on the premises for the duration could be tricky for families/work and the extra head you may grow might get in the way,the last bit was a joke.If interested look up Simbec Research on the web
  • Sorry!! me again ,do you play an instrument? if so could try teaching it ,I got to grade 5 in a year on the flute and this was sufficient to teach beginners.Technicaly you are supposed to have a CRB check but if you are willing to go to their houses and are happy for parents to be present(recommended)this should be ok.I was told most people are lazy and greedy so exploit these faults to make money
  • competitionscafe
    competitionscafe Posts: 4,050
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Watch out for sites like this (and many similar ones) currently being widely advertised online: they are all scams!

kellysmoneyblog.com
    Cash4surveysuk.com
    http://blogs.mirror.co.uk/investigations/2009/12/my-name-is-kelly-rooney-and-i.html
    "The happiest of people don't necessarily have the
    best of everything; they just make the best
    of everything that comes along their way."
    -- Author Unknown --
  • property.advert
    property.advert Posts: 4,086
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    It depends on your skills & what you want to do. If you're good at some types of office work, it may be that peopleperhour.com would be a good place to look. You bid for work & according to The Guardian, you can get a decent income from it - though I can't prove that!
    I do online surveys for various companies & make a bit of money. It seems to me that it depends on your age - hit your late 50s & you get fewer surveys! A friend is 49 though, & she buys all her Christmas presents for her family (of 15!) through doing them!!

Obviously surveys need some thought. I am married, home owner, 3 kids of various ages, 2 car household, etc. I get loads of surveys. My missus gets loads from Ipsos and she is a 27 year old mum ! Ages 35-45 seem to work well.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure