Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Energyhelpline coldcalling/scam?
    • 5th May 10, 11:01 PM
    Energyhelpline coldcalling/scam? 5th May 10 at 11:01 PM
    Had a phonecall tonight from a number that just showed up as "International" on my phone. It was a guy saying that he was from Energyhelpline, and I basically said, that I knew who they were and what they did, and wasn't interested in switching my energy supply at the moment due to problems with my gas supply (true story!), and when I'm looking to switch I will use their website.

Apparently I understood him wrongly, and he then went on about energy suppliers changing their prices etc, and they could save me money or so. To which I had to tell him the same thing again. To which he said they would ring me back.... even if they do I wouldn't accept giving out details over the phone to a cold caller.

I'm doubting it was actually from Energyhelpline as I would imagine since I'm on TPS, they wouldn't risk cold calling. Being from a line abroad make me suspicious too, which seemingly is a tactic to get around TPS, but again I don't think EnergyHelpline would do this. And also, if they were from Energyhelpline, I would imagine they would have understood my reason not to be wanting switch at this time the first time I told them.

Anyone else had this kind of call claiming to be from Energyhelpline?
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,392Posts Today

7,703Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Poor sophie from @itvMLshow hadn't realised what our show t shirts backs say when collecting me from Tory conference

• RT @hselftax: .@MartinSLewis now talking (engagingly) about the need for trust in the energy market. Fiery tone! #CPC15

• Going to my energy debate at Tory conference, protestor outside as I go in heckles "don't do it martin, you'll come out dirty"

• Follow Martin