Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    sandford6016
    Energy Care UK - AVOID!!!!
    • 5th May 10, 2:01 PM
    Energy Care UK - AVOID!!!! 5th May 10 at 2:01 PM
    So I booked in with Energy Care to do my cavity wall insulation in our 3 bed semi detached house for 149. Had a survey done and paid 50 deposit. The installation date comes and 2 young guys say that it's physically impossible to do it on our house, they can't climb on the roof above the garage and they would need to get into our neighbours garage (which is actually an office) and drill from in there. So, they went away and said my 50 would be refunded.

I call Energy Care today to chase up my refund from a week ago and told they have no record of who the installers where and what they said, so they would re-book it. In the manager's words 'the installers had probably had a long drive and saw the job was a bit difficult and gave you a story'. My instant response was 'if that's the way your company operates and the type of people they employ, I do not want you drilling holes in my house'!

Long story short, I have to wait for another crew to come out now to re-assess whether or not it can be done, otherwise it is me that is cancelling the work and I lose the deposit. I've just got a horrible feeling I'm going to end up with a rubbish job done here!

I'll update when the next crew have been to inspect!
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,009Posts Today

7,785Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @JulianClary: CILLA BLACK ANYONE WHO HAD A HEART https://t.co/E25wIuhoHH via @YouTube

• Surprised at a few nasty replies re cilla. The respectful thing when someone dies is say nice or say nowt. Grieving relatives may be reading

• You can judge your age by what #cilla means to you. For me its not the singing, its blind date and surprise surprise. Sad news #ripcilla

• Follow Martin