Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    sairz
    Job seekers allowance and children?
    • 29th Jan 05, 10:40 AM
    Job seekers allowance and children? 29th Jan 05 at 10:40 AM
    Hi my other half is currently jobless at the moment im recieving child tax credit and child benefit, anyway the thing is i thought we would get by whilst he found work but this is taking longer than expected so he has put in a claim for job seekers allowance now i dont think it will be contribution based as his employer that he worked for for 9 years didnt pay his tax and national insurance even though it was getting took of my partners wage Grrrr anyway we are trying to sort this out but what i wanted to know is how much about will we be entitled to, i need to start budgeting but cant really do this until i know around how much we will be getting, i have had a look at the jobseekers site and according to this i will be getting 42.27 a child and 87.30 for a couple per week now on tallying this up that is 213 per week now i already get something like 104 per week child tax credit so surely this cant be right it seems way to much 317 per week sounds nice dont get me wrong lol but thats way more than what we got when he worked so i cant see this being right? so how is this worked out will they minus my child tax from this? i just need some rough idea so i can work out what i will need to budget on instead of waiting to see what i will get and end up in the sh*t, i have 3 children by the way
    Sairz xx
    Eleventh Heaven No.3
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

432Posts Today

3,726Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I think we're nearly ready to send this weeks MSE email - its been a tough & long one to do this week. Thanks to all the team

• RT @GregJRutherford: 3 years ago #OlympicGames #Gold - happy third year anniversary to me and everyone else who had the? https://t.co/qDNhB?

• Watching Corbyn on @BBCNewsnight I'm torn.Is a party like a footie team - choice to aim to win at all costs or play an ideology beautifully?

• Follow Martin