Difference between PPP & PPI

Options
I have finally got around to looking at reclaiming PPI when I suddenly got a statement from British Credit Trust today which listed loan repayment & PPP. As the car was paid off a year ago, I was a bit surprised to get.

I was also paying PPI to them so was I paying twice? If so, I definitely did not agree to the PPP, was simply told what my repayment would be.

Any advice appreciated.
A smile costs little but creates much :)

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    I have finally got around to looking at reclaiming PPI when I suddenly got a statement from British Credit Trust today which listed loan repayment & PPP. As the car was paid off a year ago, I was a bit surprised to get.

I was also paying PPI to them so was I paying twice? If so, I definitely did not agree to the PPP, was simply told what my repayment would be.

Any advice appreciated.

Hi there

Good luck on your reclaiming.

I assumed that both PPI and PPP were more or less the same.....
    And stands for Payment Protection Insurance and the other:
    Payment Protection Premium.

It maybe worth you contacting them to find out what you were paying for on both as well.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • Common_Sense_2
    Common_Sense_2 Posts: 415 Forumite
    Options
    are you saying that you were sold a ppp policy at the dealership, and then you also took a PPI policy out with BCT?

When did you take the loan out?
    We've spent decades teaching people about their rights, but nothing about their responsibilities.
  • robbedofmymoney
    Options

Any advice appreciated.

is the PPP a much lower amount, if so it could be an insurance to cover the PPI payments if you had to make a claim, otherwise you would still need to pay the premiums,

i know its great isn't it, an insurance to cover an insurance premium, but they really do exist.:eek::eek::eek:
    I'm proud to say that the banks no longer take money from me after becoming debt free
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure