Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Trazy
    • By Trazy 29th Mar 10, 12:07 PM
    • 2,688Posts
    • 7,547Thanks
    Trazy
    Budgeting Loan - how long?
    • 29th Mar 10, 12:07 PM
    Budgeting Loan - how long? 29th Mar 10 at 12:07 PM
    I sent off my application for a budgeting loan 2 weeks ago today and still no reply.

I tried to call them but it is an expensive number to call and I was left forever on hold until my credit ran out.

How long should I have to wait for a reply?

Thank you
    trace
    If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything. - Mark Twain

Nappies and government ministers need to be changed frequently and for the same reason
Page 1
  • jadiep
    • 29th Mar 10, 12:13 PM
    • 29th Mar 10, 12:13 PM
    I would have thought you would have heard from them within 2 weeks! Leave it a few more days and if you still haven't heard give them a ring.

I suppose it depends on how busy they actually are, usually more so during the xmas period.

When I had one a few yrs back I think the whole process only took about 2 weeks.
    • pebbles88
    • By pebbles88 29th Mar 10, 12:25 PM
    • 1,360 Posts
    • 4,020 Thanks
    pebbles88
    • 29th Mar 10, 12:25 PM
    • 29th Mar 10, 12:25 PM
    i think you can use the phones in the job centre to call social fund for free to see whats happening?
    Please be nice to all moneysavers!
    Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth."
    Big big thanks to Niddy, sorely missed from these boards..best cybersupport ever!!
  • dmg24
    • 29th Mar 10, 1:34 PM
    • 29th Mar 10, 1:34 PM
    I would have thought you would have heard from them within 2 weeks! Leave it a few more days and if you still haven't heard give them a ring.

I suppose it depends on how busy they actually are, usually more so during the xmas period.

When I had one a few yrs back I think the whole process only took about 2 weeks.
    Originally posted by jadiep
    Things are very different to a few years ago! The wait varies according to area, but my area is currently taking up to thirteen weeks.
    • Trazy
    • By Trazy 29th Mar 10, 2:49 PM
    • 2,688 Posts
    • 7,547 Thanks
    Trazy
    • 29th Mar 10, 2:49 PM
    • 29th Mar 10, 2:49 PM
    Thanks for your replies.
    I have to go into town Thursday so if I havent heard anything by then will go into the job centre and give them a ring
    Trace

Nappies and government ministers need to be changed frequently and for the same reason
    • Trazy
    • By Trazy 30th Mar 10, 3:33 PM
    • 2,688 Posts
    • 7,547 Thanks
    Trazy
    • 30th Mar 10, 3:33 PM
    • 30th Mar 10, 3:33 PM
    Was panicking for nothing, got a reply today.
    Trace

• Barnz_c
    • 11th Feb 11, 7:30 PM
    - Re Bugetting Loans -
    • 11th Feb 11, 7:30 PM
    Ive had one loan so far but put a form in for another one a week monday just gone & had a reply by friday, I resent the confirmination letter back monday just gone & havent received a reply it does varie from time to time depending on backlogs etc at the job centre, But my previous loan i received a reply & the full amount of money paid into my account within a week & half.

Hope this helps.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,592Posts Today

7,285Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's not fair or accurate to assign all leave voters (nor remainers) one voice. The vote may have been binary but t? https://t.co/QMqKrfY1jv

• That's cos the UK voted for Brexit. The choice now unless something radical happens is what type. (Plus twitter o? https://t.co/SLmh2jL4bU

• Todays twitter poll: The lib dem leader says more people now want soft brexit (ie still in single market etc) than hard - what do you want?

• Follow Martin