Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • meandmaboy
    • By meandmaboy 28th Feb 10, 12:24 PM
    • 462Posts
    • 645Thanks
    meandmaboy
    0 WOW
    Tabac Shops In Brussels
    • 28th Feb 10, 12:24 PM
    0 WOW
    Tabac Shops In Brussels 28th Feb 10 at 12:24 PM
    Good Afternoon,
    Brother is thinking of taking a cheapie flight to Charleroi in Belgium for the weekend, does anyone know if the Tabac shops in either Brussels or Charleroi sell British Brands of cigarettes or tabacco ? or would he have to go to the likes of Ostend ???I would have thought his cigs etc would be cheaper in Spain, but he thinks differently (what do I know I'm only the big Sis
    Any replies gratefully received
Page 1
  • Inactive
    • 28th Feb 10, 2:33 PM
    • 28th Feb 10, 2:33 PM
    Fairly certain that you are correct, ciggies will be cheaper in Spain at the government controlled Tabacs.
  • spheric
    • 28th Feb 10, 2:36 PM
    • 28th Feb 10, 2:36 PM
    The chocolate, on the other hand, will more than make up for it
  • zebade
    • 28th Feb 10, 8:15 PM
    • 28th Feb 10, 8:15 PM
    I was in Ypres in Belgium back in June, the Tabac shops sold the british brands, but they were nearly the same price as in the UK only pennies of a difference.
    Spain is def cheaper.
    Debt Free since April 2010.

Completed my Trust Deed 24th June 2010.
    • meandmaboy
    • By meandmaboy 28th Feb 10, 10:05 PM
    • 462 Posts
    • 645 Thanks
    meandmaboy
    • 28th Feb 10, 10:05 PM
    • 28th Feb 10, 10:05 PM
    I was in Ypres in Belgium back in June, the Tabac shops sold the british brands, but they were nearly the same price as in the UK only pennies of a difference.
    Spain is def cheaper.
    Originally posted by zebade
    Thought as much, now can go back & report this to him, like the idea that I was right all along.
    That'll teach him not to listen to his Big Sister.
    • dacouch
    • By dacouch 28th Feb 10, 11:20 PM
    • 19,282 Posts
    • 11,854 Thanks
    dacouch
    • 28th Feb 10, 11:20 PM
    • 28th Feb 10, 11:20 PM
    Have a look at this website which is for booze cruisers, there is plenty of info on Belgium fag prices. If you click on the shop's adverts they have price lists, some even have free gifts they give you if you email them before you travel.

www.day-tripper.net
  • clairandpaul
    • 5th Mar 10, 7:35 PM
    • 5th Mar 10, 7:35 PM
    belgium is definatly cheaper for cigs and tobacco - same prices throughout and some tabacs sell our brands some dont you just have to ask - we found it easy in brugges but hard in oostend to find them - of course adinkerke is the easiest! dont know about spain though. But big suprise was switzerland was the cheapest we've found!!!
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 5th Mar 10, 10:57 PM
    • 3,136 Posts
    • 1,353 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 5th Mar 10, 10:57 PM
    • 5th Mar 10, 10:57 PM
    belgium is definatly cheaper for cigs and tobacco - same prices throughout and some tabacs sell our brands some dont you just have to ask - we found it easy in brugges but hard in oostend to find them - of course adinkerke is the easiest! dont know about spain though. But big suprise was switzerland was the cheapest we've found!!!
    Originally posted by clairandpaul
    Sorry Claire and Paul, but your post is a bit confusing.

First you say "Belgium is definitely cheaper", then you say "don't know about Spain though".

So how definite are you that Belgium is cheaper than Spain?
    Just because I've written it doesn't mean that
    either you or I have to believe it.
  • Inactive
    • 6th Mar 10, 12:42 AM
    • 6th Mar 10, 12:42 AM
    belgium is definatly cheaper for cigs and tobacco -
    Cheaper than Spain, I don't think so.
    • dacouch
    • By dacouch 6th Mar 10, 12:53 AM
    • 19,282 Posts
    • 11,854 Thanks
    dacouch
    Rolling Tobacco is cheaper in Belgium at the moment but tailor mades are cheaper in Spain, the prices keep going up and down so the situation can change
    • dug123
    • By dug123 6th Mar 10, 5:33 AM
    • 290 Posts
    • 286 Thanks
    dug123
    Friday 5/3 Prices
    Golden Virginia 50gm pouch
    Spain 5.58 Euros
    Belgium 4.50 Euros

Link for spanish prices

http://www.cmtabacos.es/wwwcmt/paginas/ES/mercadoPrecios.tmpl

To check prices use this link and then click on the third one down

"picadura de liar"

and then at the bottom

"consular precios"

Links For Belgium Tobacco shop prices

http://www.tobacco-alley.be/tobacco.html

http://www.realtobacco.be/real/trip/

Click on Tobacco and scroll down to Golden Virginia
    Last edited by dug123; 06-03-2010 at 5:35 AM.
    • dug123
    • By dug123 6th Mar 10, 5:36 AM
    • 290 Posts
    • 286 Thanks
    dug123
    Cheaper than Spain, I don't think so.
    Originally posted by Inactive
    I do think so
  • clairandpaul
    sorry didnt know spanish prices meant that it was easy to get in belgium, just checked the prices and belgium does appear to be cheaper for 50g golden vig, 4.50 in belgium, 4.85 in spain. Oh and in belgium you get a extra freebies to like rizla, lighters,beer and chocs. Ferry deals to belgium are very good to.
  • marshallka
    sorry didnt know spanish prices meant that it was easy to get in belgium, just checked the prices and belgium does appear to be cheaper for 50g golden vig, 4.50 in belgium, 4.85 in spain. Oh and in belgium you get a extra freebies to like rizla, lighters,beer and chocs. Ferry deals to belgium are very good to.
    Thanks for that. I have a friend going to spain in a couple of weeks. Think its more than your quotes above though now perhaps or am I reading to wrong..

http://www.cmtabacos.es/wwwcmt/listaPrecios.php
    Last edited by marshallka; 06-03-2010 at 2:14 PM.
    • gfplux
    • By gfplux 6th Mar 10, 4:18 PM
    • 1,701 Posts
    • 1,727 Thanks
    gfplux
    Luxembourg is cheaper than Belgium for tobacco, booze and fuel.
    I bought (for a friend) 50gm Golden viginia on 1st March price was €4.25
    The prices have as long as I can remember been cheaper than the surrounding country's Germany, Belgium and France.
    When you see statistics of consumption for these products you would think Luxembourgers drink, smoke and drive more than anyone else in Europe. It is because so many other Europeans come here to buy.
    That is also why every Dutch person going on holiday by car passes through Luxembourg. The motorway service stations in Luxembourg are the largest sellers of petrol and diesel in all of Europe.
    Trying to play by the rules.
    • jemclajess
    • By jemclajess 6th Mar 10, 8:31 PM
    • 377 Posts
    • 915 Thanks
    jemclajess
    Sorry, hope someone can help me but my mum brought 200 silk cut purple cigarettes for my auntie in Madrid airport just after christmas and can't remember how much she paid for them and then went to Belgium a couple of weeks ago and brought her another packet for £39.50 and she hadn't given her either packet because she was ill and sadly passed away the day after she went to Belgium. My neighbour is going to buy them off her but although my mum knows the price of the Belgium cigarettes she doesn't know how much she paid for the madrid airport ones. Also she says the spanish ones are slightly smaller than the other pack which are king size. I can't get the link above to work so can anyone help.
    Many thanks in advance...
  • golfkec
    Ciggies cheaper in Spain still bout £30 per 200. They all went up in price in June but tobacco a lot more. Tobacco is cheaper in Luxembourg with next best being Belgium ahead of Spain which used to be the cheapest. Get on a cheap flight with Ryanair to Frankfurt Hahn airport and get the bus to Luxembourg
    • PolishBigSpender
    • By PolishBigSpender 5th Apr 10, 8:44 PM
    • 3,581 Posts
    • 3,683 Thanks
    PolishBigSpender
    Why not fly to Poland? Roughly about 2 pounds a packet here....
    From Poland...with love.

They are (they're)
    sitting on the floor.
    Their
    books are lying on the floor.
    The books are sitting just there on the floor.
  • mackemdave
    Gib is cheaper for ciggies...200 Silk Cut for £14....Only issue is the customs between Gib and Spain are very strict and you can only take across 200 at a time....
    • phatbear
    • By phatbear 6th Apr 10, 12:00 AM
    • 3,216 Posts
    • 2,771 Thanks
    phatbear
    And you can only bring 200 back to the uk from Gibraltar too
    Live each day like its your last because one day you'll be right
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,241Posts Today

5,202Users online

Martin's Twitter