£15 cashback on your next ryanair flight through shopper discounts and rewards

Options
i booked flights yesterday from ryanair...i made two separate bookings for our party as they had 2 seats at a cheaper price so to save paying 4 seats at the next available price band i made a booking for 2 seats x 2. on on the final flight inteniery page they offered a link for cashback of £15 via cheque on your next ryanir flight if you join https://www.shopperdiscountsandrewards.co.uk so i joined for free to take advantage as i was making two bookings anyway. once joined the site quotes that the member fees are £10 per month after the first month which annoyed me but after further reading i noticed that they offer warranty on goods you buy. anyway i gave them my prepaid mastercard details which has a balance of 73p so they wont be taking anymore than that from me so until my free trial ends lets hope they get this cashback in the post...

Comments

• barnabee
    barnabee Posts: 1,210 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Lots of horror stories about Shopper Discounts & Rewards. Not worth the risk to save a few pounds no matter how payment is made. After all of the bad publicity from the National Press and forums like MSE I'm suprised these guys are still operating.
  • thepearce
    thepearce Posts: 2,287 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    barnabee wrote: »
    Lots of horror stories about Shopper Discounts & Rewards. Not worth the risk to save a few pounds no matter how payment is made. After all of the bad publicity from the National Press and forums like MSE I'm suprised these guys are still operating.
    I was about to post the very same thing (though I note the OP used a prepaid card).
  • thezib
    thezib Posts: 383 Forumite
    edited 16 February 2010 at 9:09PM
    Options
    i used them a while ago and i did recieve the £15 cheque in the mail, which has been cashed sucessfully. i rang them up to cancel during the free month and i requested an email confirmation too. so i got the £15 and didnt pay at all.
    i better go check my account to be certain tho

EDIT: no charges from them.
    i think you need to call to cancel and ensure you get written confirmation of cancellation.
    i used them for national express tickets, so spent about £8.16 (2 bookings) and recieved £15.
    not bad :)
    T h e F u t u r e I s N o w !
  • Money_maker
    Money_maker Posts: 5,471 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    All 36 pages of unhappy customers who wont touch this company with a barge pole http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=819869&highlight=shoppers+discounts+rewards
    Please do not quote spam as this enables it to 'live on' once the spam post is removed. ;)

If you quote me, don't forget the capital 'M'

Declutterers of the world - unite! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • hellofreebies
    Options
    to be fair its seems people were unaware at the time they signed up to a subscription of 10 pound a month.....dispite the ethnics involved it does appear shopperdiscount cancelled and refunded in full any disgruntled members...i doubt i will continue with the membership but happy to recieve free money from them!
  • bigblackdog
    Options
    not sure if it was the same firm , but i did a similar thing after booking a hotel for the night , the hotel room only cost £25 and i got a cheque for £15 through the post , think i booked through lastminute and this option came up , i cancelled successfully . always worth trying these things i think
    my favourite food is spare ribs
  • Kittythefirst
    Options
    Got caught out too when booking National Express coach tickets - not obvious and I'm sure that I didn't give Shopper Discounts my card details. Shame on me for not checking credit card statement earlier - been stung for four payments of £10. However cancelled yesterday (to be fair, very easy to get thru to SD&R - call only lasted a couple of mins) and rang credit card co - nothing they can do, but did promise if charge is made next month, I can query and they will stop payment and investigate. Also emailed SD&R - very prompt response and if true, will get majority of my money back (and can chase other £10 if I want to). Their response was
    "We can confirm that we have cancelled your membership and have issued 3 refunds of £10 for your membership fees charged. These will appear as three separate credits of £10 in your credit or debit card account within 10 working days.

Your cancel confirmation number is: xxxxxxx

We apologise if you felt our offer or service was unclear but w
    e can assure you that we are an accredited company approved by all appropriate Marketing and Trading authorities.

If you wish to claim for a further refund for addi
    tional charges please print out, complete and sign the attached form, quoting the cancel confirmation number above, and return it to us by post:

Shopper Discounts & Rewards
    PO Box 450
    Sevenoaks
    Kent
    TN13 9HN

Or fax to: 01732 461560

On receipt of your completed refund request form we will investigate your claim and will respond to your refund request by email.

Should you require further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us on our free phone number 0800 731 9935, where our Customer Service team will be happy to help you. Our hours of operation are Monday-Friday 8am-8pm and Saturday 9am-4pm."

Will update if I get refunds as promised - and hope this is useful to anyone who has already been caught out.

• hellofreebies
    Options
    just wanna update that i got my £15 cheque through the post this morning...now i just got to give them a call and cancel the membership....
  • agalashan
    Options
    Like many people I thought I would not fall for scams but somewhere in the convoluted Ryanair booking website - I clicked or failed to unclick the box that sent my details to these people - I did get emails from them but I assumed they were junk and didn't even open them. I was talking to the fraud department of my bank about another matter when they pointed it out to me and asked if had made the transaction - I have contacted shopper discounts - they say they will refund the £10 - I'll keep an eye on my account for it. - I'm embarrassed - I thought they would never catch me out!
  • heatherks
    heatherks Posts: 854 Forumite
    Options
    i bought tickets via ticketmaster and it said to go to this company to collect £15 cashback if i booked another show with a 4/6 weeks ...which i did i got my £15 after 3 emails

...but last night i tried to access my account and got message account had been cancelled ...reason i hadnt paid the last two months membership......i didnt even know you had to pay as cant remember it asking for bank details when i signed up in december
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure