Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Grolsch30
    Does a downstairs bathroom increase value of your property
    • 1st Feb 10, 10:07 PM
    Does a downstairs bathroom increase value of your property 1st Feb 10 at 10:07 PM
    Hi,

Does a downstairs Toilet increase the value of a property?

If so would estate agents just add on standard percentage increase to the value of the property, like say a standard 5% increase in value of property box ticked.
    Or would it be based on how good the size/fixtures/fittings/ how good the Toilet/ washbasin/ tiles downstairs looks and then adds on whatever the estate agent feels.
    Or does it not realy matter to the value of the house if there was an extra Toilet or not.

The reason I ask is that i am hoping it will increase the value of my property as I am paying to have a downstairs toilet fitted (costing me a small fortune!), with the outlook to put my 3 bed semi on the market in a few months.
    Last edited by Grolsch30; 01-02-2010 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Did not make the thread clear enough meant downstairs toilet not bathroom
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,720Posts Today

7,359Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Warning! If ur going to Europe, check your EHIC card, 5m are invalid & out of date. How to check & renew free -> http://t.co/Nyt4WWxH3u RT

• RT @Gusseteer: @MartinSLewis BT struggling to cope with calls cancelling over 7% price hike. Told they will call me back in 10-15 days. Ver?

• RT @tyclaret: @MartinSLewis Great shout on the champagne at Sainsburys offer. Bought 6 bottles online this morning and saved a fortune.

• Follow Martin