Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Broken Hygena Hob Ignition
    • 10th Jan 10, 12:18 PM
    Broken Hygena Hob Ignition 10th Jan 10 at 12:18 PM
    I have a built-in Hygena gas hob with four burners. The ignition has just stopped working for no apparent reason. Previously it would click and light the burners when I turned the gas on but now there's no response when I press the button.

I've tried switching the cooker off at the wall and back on again but that didn't make any difference. Is there a battery which needs replacing? How do I access it? Could it be related to the weather and rectify itself when it warms up a bit? Or am I destined to use one of those inconvenient long-handled lights in the future?

Thanks, RustyG
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,482Posts Today

7,643Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Poor sophie from @itvMLshow hadn't realised what our show t shirts backs say when collecting me from Tory conference

• RT @hselftax: .@MartinSLewis now talking (engagingly) about the need for trust in the energy market. Fiery tone! #CPC15

• Going to my energy debate at Tory conference, protestor outside as I go in heckles "don't do it martin, you'll come out dirty"

• Follow Martin