Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Daisy Duck
    Changing the term of Nationwide mortgage
    • 22nd Dec 09, 6:32 PM
    Changing the term of Nationwide mortgage 22nd Dec 09 at 6:32 PM
    Hello

I'm after some advice from those in the know about Nationwide mortgages please

We currently overpay by the allowed 500 per month (in the fixed rate period still). We save money alongside this with the intention of adding this when the fixed rate is up and there is no cap on overpayments.

I have read a post in this forum regarding changing the term of the mortgage and would like some clarification before I call Nationwide.

Can we simply call them and ask to reduce the term, thus raising our regular monthly payments? Do we need to tell them what term we'd like or can we say that we'd like to pay say 2000 or 3000 a month and they would be able to inform us when it would run out if that was our payment?

Hope I'm making sense!

Thank you for any help, it's much appreciated.

DD
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

424Posts Today

3,857Users online

Martin's Twitter