IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
free mclaren hinge covers
Views: 23,442
# 1
WOW Factor 0
kez1234
Old 17-12-2009, 4:54 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Default free mclaren hinge covers

Maclaren has developed hinge covers which can be easily affixed to the elbow joints of the buggy. Please complete the fields below to receive your free hinge covers

http://covers.maclaren.co.uk/order.php

Official MoneySavingExpert.com Insert:

If you have a Maclaren buggy made before May 2010 hinge covers are available free from its website on the link above or by calling its customer service department on 01327 841320. Buggies made after that date have a new style hinge that's enclosed so don't need them.

This Forum Tip was included in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email

Don't miss out on new deals, loopholes, and vouchers

Last edited by MSE Andrea; 27-04-2012 at 7:46 PM.
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to kez1234 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2
han694
Old 17-12-2009, 6:03 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Thanks for this, Have send off
The Following User Says Thank You to han694 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
Chicky
Old 07-01-2010, 4:39 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Angry The covers have damaged the pram!

Installed the covers and double checked as per instructions. Now when the pram is folded the storage clip (which clips the pram together) gets caught on the cover (installed to prevent fingers being severed) and has bent it! Had a horrible call with Maclaren who tell me that I will have to take the pram to a service centre that is over an hours drive away, leave my pram there, and I might have to pay for the repairs!! Even though I installed their covers to cover their design fault they have told me that they are not obliged to do anything about children having their fingers severed and that the covers were basically a good will gesture!! I am disgusted!!
# 4
sarah1972
Old 07-01-2010, 5:06 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicky View Post
Installed the covers and double checked as per instructions. Now when the pram is folded the storage clip (which clips the pram together) gets caught on the cover (installed to prevent fingers being severed) and has bent it! Had a horrible call with Maclaren who tell me that I will have to take the pram to a service centre that is over an hours drive away, leave my pram there, and I might have to pay for the repairs!! Even though I installed their covers to cover their design fault they have told me that they are not obliged to do anything about children having their fingers severed and that the covers were basically a good will gesture!! I am disgusted!!

You want the ranting/venting board here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...play.html?f=82
I'm a Board Guide on the Freebies and Freebies (Low Spend) Board, discount codes 'n' vouchers and music moneysaving boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

New to MSE? http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/sit...oduction-guide
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarah1972 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5
summertreats
Old 20-04-2012, 9:02 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

still available thanks
# 6
happyinflorida
Old 02-05-2012, 10:54 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

This is Maclaren all over.

Badly designed prams and buggies that can kill or injure a child but they do absolutely nothing about it.

My first pram was from this awful company and the brakes kept locking up when I was pushing it.

They had it in and said nothing wrong - kept happening, I took it back and the bloke in the shop (now closed down) refused to do anymore. Went to another Maclaren shop and the man there contacted Maclaren who refused to help. He had a look at it and he told me it was faulty but nothing he could do!

I sent complaint letters to Maclaren who totally refused to do anything. I later learnt they knew of the design fault but like always with this company, they relied on people getting fed up and buying a new pram!

I never bought from them again and would recommend everyone to steer very clear away from this company.

Mothercare were the best place I found - if you buy anything from them you can take it back to them, anywhere in the country and they'll lend you a replacement - this was many years ago so I don't know if still the same but they were excellent in comparison!