🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Tucan Claims - Wipe off CC debt?

Options
Hi,

I was wondering if someone could help me. I was recently contacted by a company called Tucan Claims. After asking me several questions they informed me that due to my bank (Lloyds TSB) increasing the credit limit of my credit card without me signing a contract of agreement, I would be able to make a claim and get the remaining debt written off. As I'm sure you can all understand it is something that has great appeal especially to someone with student status. They said that if I paid a refundable deposit of £250 they would investigate my claim and endeavour to wipe of this "unfair" debt.

Can someone confirm whether or not this is genuine? They have given me a CRM number which is: CRM19883.

Obviously if the bank has treated me unfairly I feel it is something that I may wish to pursue but really don't want to be put into a situation where I am throwing money away.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• ILW
    ILW Posts: 18,333 Forumite
    Options
    Pay them the money, and keep us updated on the progress.
  • Eric_Pisch
    Eric_Pisch Posts: 8,720 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    dont go near them

you can do it all for free

use the search option, this gets asked 500 times a day :p
  • ElkyElky
    ElkyElky Posts: 2,459 Forumite
    Options
    I think MSE should make a sticky about these companies.
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • izools
    izools Posts: 7,513 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ILW wrote: »
    Pay them the money, and keep us updated on the progress.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::T :T :T

Yeah. Don't to that.

Nothing this company does can't be done by you for the cost of an A4 piece of paper, some ink, an envelope, and a stamp ;)
    Cashback Earned ¦ Nectar Points £68 ¦ Natoinwide Select £62 ¦ Aqua Reward £100 ¦ Amex Platinum £48
  • jonesMUFCforever
    Options
    I guarantee 2 things will happen.

1 OP will never see his £250 again.

2 LTSB will not write any of the debt off.
  • dealer_wins
    dealer_wins Posts: 7,334 Forumite
    Options
    For an extra £250 they will also wipe your a$$. They can wipe almost anything if the price is right. :rotfl::rotfl:
  • Fonz_2
    Fonz_2 Posts: 393 Forumite
    Options
    How do you feel you have been treated unfairly?
  • deadthings
    Options
    Fonz wrote: »
    How do you feel you have been treated unfairly?

He got crap advice from ILW for a start...

D.
    Doh!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills