Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Stormy
    Ants vs Borax
    • 3rd Jun 06, 5:30 PM
    Ants vs Borax 3rd Jun 06 at 5:30 PM
    Hi,

Reading in a few other threads Borax was recommended for killing Ant's and giving their nest a Very Bad Day[tm].

I got some today and mixed it in warm water and sugar with a 1:10 mix, 1 teaspoon of Borax to 10 teaspoons of sugar, it was nice and gluey in consistancy, and I put loads of blobs down on the Ant runs where they come upto my house. They loved the sugar solution, litrally 100's of them all over the place sucking it up.

My question is, was my mix strong enough to do the nest some damage? What is the best mix to do maximum mayhem to the nest (which I can't find else I would boiling water it).

Cheers,

Mike
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,901Posts Today

8,486Users online

Martin's Twitter