Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

PPI and CitiFinancial Europe Plc
    • 9th Nov 09, 9:33 PM
    PPI and CitiFinancial Europe Plc 9th Nov 09 at 9:33 PM
    Dear all

I would be so grateful if somebody could please help me on this.

To cut a VERY long story short. I have received a letter from FOS saying that my PPI claim against CitiFinancial Europe Plc for a loan was successful and also saying that they should pay me £300 compensation, and interest, on top of what they owe for the mis-sold PPI. The case went all the way to an ombudsman and, now that I have signed to accept, it is "binding". You can imagine my joy and thoufghts of how I will spend the money over Christmas.

This was four weeks ago (the time Citi were given to reply) and I have heard nothing from them. Worse than that, FOS have made it clear that they are no longer involved and that I need to contact Citi directly to take this any further. That is bad enough but I cannot contact them because I cannot get a number (apart from the useless 08709086000 one based in India) and have found out today that the address that FOS have been using (Pride Park, Derby) is apparently wrong so it is unlikely that Citi have been getting any of the letters anyway.

Can anybody help me please? This is two years worth of writing and waiting and now looks like going down the pan. Should FOS still help me (bearing in mind that they do not even have an accuate address for Citi).

Any help most gratefuly appreciated

Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

37Posts Today

3,933Users online

Martin's Twitter