PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

halogen oven recipe help, whats in yours?

Options
hi guys and gals! i'm after some help on behalf of my mum, i have searched the forum and googled but i'm not finding really what i need! i found a few bits and bobs but would like more! :cool:

my mum has a halogen that she loves using, but is finding it a case of trial and error due to the lack of recipes and cooking times etc.

would it be possible for those that use them to post up their faves or tried and tested recipes with cooking times?

wonder if we could get a whats in your halogen thread going a bit like the slow cooker one?

thanks in advance, :j

Comments

• LilacLillie
    LilacLillie Posts: 2,930 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have a new one and have only used it once for roast beef.
    Tonight I am cooking a chicken, so will post later.
    LL
    We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars........................

• cooking-mama
    cooking-mama Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Options
    i only realy use mine for grilling bacon or sausages,and making toasted cheese...cant get the hang of it as an oven.have you read through the Hlogen oven post? heres the link
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=978783&page=14

someone on here has posted a link to a yahoo group with halogen oven recipes etc.
    Slimming World..Wk1,..STS,..Wk2,..-2LB,..Wk3,..-3.5lb,..Wk4,..-2.5,..Wk5,..-1/2lb,Wk6,..STS,..Wk7,..-1lb.
    Week 10,total weightloss is now 13.5lbs Week 11 STSweek 14(I think)..-2, total loss now 1 stone exactly
    GOT TO TARGET..1/2lb under now weigh 10st 6.5(lost 1st 3.5lbs)
  • merlin1
    merlin1 Posts: 715 Forumite
    Options
    thanks - yes thats the first thread we came across! seems the halogen oven is a bit of an anomoly!! i was hoping there'd be some experts here! :rotfl:
  • jennyjelly
    jennyjelly Posts: 1,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I have a new one and have only used it once for roast beef.
    Tonight I am cooking a chicken, so will post later.
    LL
    I think it's be best possible way to cook chicken, really moist and juicy. I've never actually timed it though, I just check the colour of the juices every 15 mins or so.
    Oh dear, here we go again.
  • Slinky_Malinky
    Options
    Check out this link...

http://www.bookshoparoundthecorner.co.uk/index.htm

There are cook books and ebooks you can buy, also some recipes on the website. I have a couple of their books but I haven`t really got into using them yet....no fault with the books, just down to me having been not well enough to dabble with recipes. The Haolgen heaven book includes the recipes from the Elderly and Vegetarian Ebooks so is good value for a tenner.
  • goonerAFC
    goonerAFC Posts: 154 Forumite
    edited 29 November 2009 at 12:56AM
    Options
    Ive only ever really used mine for baking bread...
    But ive found great recipes here: Halogen Oven Recipes.
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 29 November 2009 at 4:12PM
    Options
    I've had a phone call from somebody, I have to look into these, so right now doing research. They gave he a huge long list of what they could cook in it, from the advert they'd seen ... and I said "but you don't/won't ever cook any of that stuff though".

I'll be finding recipes too for them. Just started, but found an instruction book with some recipes: Halogen Oven Recipes

I've got to look at the Aspect 3.5litre one though, which was apparently advertised in the Daily Mail on 21st November, page 102. Not seen it though, that's just where they told me they'd seen one for sale at £25.
  • windsor0
    windsor0 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all could someone please advise me how to go about making toad in the hole please in the halogen oven, i just mastered it in the normal and it has now died lol.

Thanks for any help you may give
  • Bigbase
    Bigbase Posts: 127 Forumite
    Options
    Found some more here: Halogen Oven Recipes
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts