Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    oliverp
    Holiday pay - pro rate - based on contract or actual hours?
    • 28th Sep 09, 11:06 PM
    Holiday pay - pro rate - based on contract or actual hours? 28th Sep 09 at 11:06 PM
    Hi all,

I was wondering if you could help.

I work part time and as such have a 7 hour contract (weekly). However, I regularly work upto 28 hours a week. (4 days).

Obviously being part time, the holiday pay is pro-rata. However, they are using 7 hours as the calculation for the holiday pay. Considering I regularly work four times this, I find it pretty annoying.

There are quite a lot of us on these 7 hour contracts but doing a lot more hours. It seems like a bit of scam for them to give us low hour contracts and get away with giving us less holiday pay. Is this correct?

Thanks!
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

505Posts Today

4,906Users online

Martin's Twitter