Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    far2812
    Written out of my father's will - so sad!
    • 26th Sep 09, 5:08 PM
    Written out of my father's will - so sad! 26th Sep 09 at 5:08 PM
    Hi all - a bit of a long story really!

My mum died 3 years ago unexpectedly! Mum and Dad had mirrored wills leaving everything equally between their 4 children.

My father went to live with my sisters after mum for about 1 year. As Dad was an alcoholic - they couldn't cope and put him up in a hotel (his house was 3 hours away). He got a taxi home the next day and they ignored him for months!

I had previously had a fall out with my father and had not spoken to him for about a year - but I decided to ring up Christmas 2007 to see how he was to find out that my sisters had kicked him out and he had been on his own for months.

I travelled straight through to see him - eventually ended up putting him in a Detox clinic to help him!

My "sisters" decided it would be best if he went back to live with them after his detox even though I said he could live with me.

2 months later I got a phone call from one of my sisters asking if we could have Dad for the weekend! She met me half way on the motorway and this was the last that Dad or I heard from any of them for 5 months!!!

Sorry to go on - but Dad lived with me and my partner from June last year and was sadly diagnosed with and died very quickly of lung cancer in April 30 this year.

Dad had arranged for a solicitor to come around to my house to change his will in that he wanted me to be Executor!

Two things happened!

1. I found out that Dad had made a new will when he was staying with my sisters and wrote me out of it.
    2. The will that the new solicitor drew up was not expedited with the Court before my Dad died.

I KNOW that Dad had no recollection of making new will when he was with my sisters as he told the solicitor that his will had always been the same in that we each have a 1/4 share.

Dad also suffered with dementia

As I do not speak with my siblings because of the way they treated my Dad........any ideas what I can do?

Anybody else been in a similar situation?

Would appreciate any advice.

Many thanks, very sad Fi x
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

316Posts Today

1,101Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • On train home from Birmingham. Had dinner by the canal there this evening. Lovely area, very sunny and picturesque.

• Fantastic run by new UK star Zharnell Hughes in @BritAthletics #BritishChamps 200m.I was v proud to present the medal http://t.co/sSSXpM1SBZ

• Ok a wee bit chuffed. Just been asked if I'd like to present a medal at #Britishchamps, someone is now missing a hand as I bit it off!

• Follow Martin