Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Roy1234
    NatWest's 'Rapport' software - should I install it?
    • 6th Sep 09, 11:12 AM
    NatWest's 'Rapport' software - should I install it? 6th Sep 09 at 11:12 AM
    For a few months now, NatWest have been suggesting I install their 'Rapport' software (made be Trusteer). Trusteer's site says:

http://consumers.trusteer.com/learn

Whilst NatWest's blurb is:

http://www.natwest.com/commercial/security-centre/rapport.ashx

They claim that this is to be used in addition to Antivirus, Firewall, Antispyware etc, and that it creates a 'secure pipe' between your browser and their banking site.

Potentially, it can be configured to 'protect' many other sites you log into. However, Googling suggests that the software it is not without reported problems. I'm already fully protected against the above with uptodate antivirus/spyware, firewall, anti-phishinging etc, daily/weekly scans, I don't get taken in by junk phishing emails either, and am cautious about cluttering up my PCs with yet more intrusive software.

But I'm also cautious of banks who, in the event of a 'security breach' may use a customer's declination of such software as some kind of implicit negligence/get-out clause. It's not stated as costing anything (yet) but who knows their future intentions.

What do you think - install or ignore the invitations?
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

184Posts Today

1,842Users online

Martin's Twitter