Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Help with Santander - Debenhams Store Card
    • 2nd Sep 09, 12:34 PM
    Help with Santander - Debenhams Store Card 2nd Sep 09 at 12:34 PM
    I have a old debt with Debenhams store card to the value of 713, I am on Benefits so I am only able to make small payments towards this debt each month.

I wrote to Santander asking for unlawful charges to the amount of 582 plus interestof 89, I received a reply saying that theOFT ruling deemed that 12 was a reasonable charge and they were willing to refund me the amounts that exceded 12 which came to 84.

while this was going on Santander have issued a Court Claim for the original debt, I replied online at money claim explaining the the amount owed was in dispute and that I was unable to pay the full amount due to my fininacial situation.

I have now received an allocation Questionnaire which is due in this week, I don't know what I need to do next, should I tick the box asking for mediation or do I need to do something else.

Please help
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,369Posts Today

8,018Users online

Martin's Twitter