Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Housing Benefit whilst on SSP?
    • 19th Aug 09, 10:49 AM
    Housing Benefit whilst on SSP? 19th Aug 09 at 10:49 AM
    Hi everyone

I have just gone on to SSP, and went to the gov website. I went through the calculator, and it is telling me that I still need to pay 65.35 rent a month and 20.11 council tax, even though I am on SSP.

Is this wrong as if you are on ESA work related goup which is about the same as SSP you do not pay any rent at all?

Somebody please help as I am stuffed if I have to pay rent it actually works out better for me to hand my notice in and claim JSA!
    Baby Mazza due New Years Day 2013!
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,053Posts Today

8,717Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Very funny little viral vid showing how the world would be if it were run by energy companies - worth a watch

• RT @singhy10: Thanks @MartinSLewis Used your tip re sky TV cancellation. One call reduced bill from £99pm to £51pm £576 Per year!!!

• M'weekly email: 1st time buyers deal, Sky hike, Govt student Uturn, HOT bband, PPI alert, Tesco Wine, £10 varnish£25

• Follow Martin