Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    pookienoodle
    Is it legal/safe to drive with a cracked windcreen?
    • 18th Aug 09, 6:22 PM
    Is it legal/safe to drive with a cracked windcreen? 18th Aug 09 at 6:22 PM
    While driving today something hit my windscreen and caused it to crack,my insurance company put me in touch with Autoglass who cannot replace my windscreen until sometime on Thursday.
    When I moaned this was a long time as I need the car to take my disabled husband to a hospital appointment tomorrow I was told it was safe and legal to drive a car with a cracked windscreen passenger side.
    this seems to be different to what Autoglass have on their website.
    "A windscreen provides 30% of a cars structural strength and if damaged by a crack, it requires a complete and immediate replacement"
    So can anyone please tell me is it safe and legal?
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,708Posts Today

6,085Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @MoneySavingExp: Hi folks - the site will be down from 10pm tonight until 8am tomorrow while we re-charge the batteries with some behind?

• Uk dominating world long jump.Who'd have thought it. Kathy Cook's British 200m record about to go I think. #Beijing2015

• RT @MoneySavingExp: If you're affected by the #HSBC payments glitch, here's what you need to do (more to follow, when we get it): http://t.?

• Follow Martin