Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kms26
    • By kms26 16th Jul 09, 12:59 PM
    • 844Posts
    • 7,644Thanks
    kms26
    0 WOW
    Crowdology - Surveys and possible product testing?
    • 16th Jul 09, 12:59 PM
    0 WOW
    Crowdology - Surveys and possible product testing? 16th Jul 09 at 12:59 PM
    Official MSE Insert:

Hi, we've launched a Product Testing guide. Check out the other sites you might be interested in.

Back to kms26's original post...

-----------

Hi, Not quite sure where to post this so sorry if it's in the wrong place.

I got an email from this site Crowdology http://www.crowdology.co.uk/ asking if i wanted to join.

Members of the Crowdology™ panel take part in surveys about current issues, fun topics as well as give feedback on leading brands and products. Members also get paid for their efforts – usually between £0.50 and £3 per survey, depending on the length of the interview.

When you have signed up you fill out your profile and it asks if you would be interested in product testing, telephone interviews and keeping a diary type surveys.

Has anyone else heard of these/joined?
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 15-02-2016 at 11:12 AM.
Page 1
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 16th Jul 09, 2:47 PM
    • 12,704 Posts
    • 40,262 Thanks
    sarah1972
    • 16th Jul 09, 2:47 PM
    • 16th Jul 09, 2:47 PM
    looks like a referral link as says member id ..... at the end ?

Referalls are not allowed on here so if it is you need to amend your post
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • kms26
    • By kms26 16th Jul 09, 2:51 PM
    • 844 Posts
    • 7,644 Thanks
    kms26
    • 16th Jul 09, 2:51 PM
    • 16th Jul 09, 2:51 PM
    looks like a referral link as says member id ..... at the end ?

Referalls are not allowed on here so if it is you need to amend your post
    Originally posted by sarah1972

OOOh thanks i didnt even realise i just added the link after i had signed up will sort it out now Thanks Sarah

All done!!!!
    • waterhouse_melons
    • By waterhouse_melons 16th Jul 09, 4:07 PM
    • 811 Posts
    • 9,265 Thanks
    waterhouse_melons
    • 16th Jul 09, 4:07 PM
    • 16th Jul 09, 4:07 PM
    cheers op, i've joined. Just wondering though, how do you get paid? Vouchers or paypal or cheque? thanks in advance
    Best Freebies/Wins/Testers so far: HP Officejet Pro 8500, Vax Zen, Thorpe Park Tks, 2x Rockwell Tkts, Windows 7, 2x Chelsea vs Arsenal Tkts, Genio Phone, JLS Tickets, 2 PSP games, 2 Xbox 360 games, iPod Touch, Blackberry Torch, Westlife Tkts, Tinie Tempah tkts, New York Trip AND MORE...
    Thanks to all posters on here
    • Ancelyn1331
    • By Ancelyn1331 16th Jul 09, 5:28 PM
    • 479 Posts
    • 298 Thanks
    Ancelyn1331
    • 16th Jul 09, 5:28 PM
    • 16th Jul 09, 5:28 PM
    Well, I've just joined Crowdology. You never know it may be good.
    Thanks kms26.
    To see a world in a grain of sand,
    And a Heaven in a wild flower,
    Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
    And Eternity in an hour.

William Blake
  • sher60
    • 16th Jul 09, 6:12 PM
    • 16th Jul 09, 6:12 PM
    I've been a member since 2007 and have only earned 45p to date so don't get too excited about this site. I have never been asked to test any products either.
    • kms26
    • By kms26 16th Jul 09, 10:04 PM
    • 844 Posts
    • 7,644 Thanks
    kms26
    • 16th Jul 09, 10:04 PM
    • 16th Jul 09, 10:04 PM
    I only joined today so not sure how they pay. :confused: But you never know could be a good one for some but rubbish for others. :rolleyes:

YouGov is rubbish for me but others on here have said they earned loads from them so you never know. :confused:
    • Ancelyn1331
    • By Ancelyn1331 17th Jul 09, 7:57 AM
    • 479 Posts
    • 298 Thanks
    Ancelyn1331
    • 17th Jul 09, 7:57 AM
    • 17th Jul 09, 7:57 AM
    Once you reach 100 points a payment is made via PayPal.

As for YouGov, I've been stuck on £36 for months now. Ho hum:rolleyes:.
    And Eternity in an hour.

William Blake
    • kms26
    • By kms26 17th Jul 09, 12:49 PM
    • 844 Posts
    • 7,644 Thanks
    kms26
    • 17th Jul 09, 12:49 PM
    • 17th Jul 09, 12:49 PM
    Once you reach 100 points a payment is made via PayPal.

As for YouGov, I've been stuck on £36 for months now. Ho hum:rolleyes:.
    Originally posted by Ancelyn1331
    How quick do you get to the 100 points and how much is that for? I have been on the grand total of £3.50 for the past 6 months :rolleyes: not holding my breath on that one lol
    • Ancelyn1331
    • By Ancelyn1331 17th Jul 09, 5:57 PM
    • 479 Posts
    • 298 Thanks
    Ancelyn1331
    Hang on, you posted the link! I thought you were the expert? Well I'll give it a go . No loss.
    And Eternity in an hour.

William Blake
    • red devil
    • By red devil 19th Aug 10, 12:53 AM
    • 10,397 Posts
    • 7,743 Thanks
    red devil
    is it worth signing up are they still going strong?
    • Col67
    • By Col67 19th Aug 10, 1:29 AM
    • 171 Posts
    • 1,578 Thanks
    Col67
    cheers op, i've joined. Just wondering though, how do you get paid? Vouchers or paypal or cheque? thanks in advance
    Originally posted by waterhouse_melons
    You get paid via PayPal which you can redeem once you reach £4.00. I have earned about £24.00 so far. I like these because the surveys are usually only 5-10 mins and I usually get about 40p. The only down side is they do not happen too often. Still better than nothing!
    Last edited by Col67; 18-01-2011 at 1:01 PM. Reason: repeated a line
    • Saetana
    • By Saetana 19th Aug 10, 2:43 AM
    • 1,074 Posts
    • 2,204 Thanks
    Saetana
    Yes, I too like Crowdology, I generally get at least one short (5 minutes or so) survey per week for 40p plus intermittent longer surveys which usually pay £1.20-£1.60 depending on length. Being able to cash out at £4 is great, given that the surveys are not that frequent and the money is usually in my Paypal account within 20 minutes. I just wish they had more frequent surveys as they are one of the better payers at the moment ;o)
    2017 Wins: £50 Amazon Voucher, Lambswool Throw & Cushions, Duvet and Pillows, Skincare Set, T-Shirt, This Works Sleep Kit, Case of Beer, Storage Chest, Wine
    • Celia
    • By Celia 19th Aug 10, 6:03 AM
    • 299 Posts
    • 812 Thanks
    Celia
    Well I thought I would give them a try - so registered, logged in - changed my password and worked my way through the profile questions. It was just ten minutes from clicking the registration link to answering the last question but when I tried to update my profile it told me I was timed out.

Presumably this means all my info was lost. I have emailed them as it concerns me this is a variation on Lauren @ Lightspeeds oft told comment half way through a survey saying that you are not eligible....
    • Saetana
    • By Saetana 20th Aug 10, 2:50 AM
    • 1,074 Posts
    • 2,204 Thanks
    Saetana
    Well I thought I would give them a try - so registered, logged in - changed my password and worked my way through the profile questions. It was just ten minutes from clicking the registration link to answering the last question but when I tried to update my profile it told me I was timed out.

Presumably this means all my info was lost. I have emailed them as it concerns me this is a variation on Lauren @ Lightspeeds oft told comment half way through a survey saying that you are not eligible....
    Originally posted by Celia
    I wouldn't necessarily assume your information was lost, but even if it was the Crowdology profile questions are not all that many (I've answered reams of separate topic profilers for some panels) if you have to do them again. It is worth perservering as this panel is one of the most hassle-free I belong to ;o)
    2017 Wins: £50 Amazon Voucher, Lambswool Throw & Cushions, Duvet and Pillows, Skincare Set, T-Shirt, This Works Sleep Kit, Case of Beer, Storage Chest, Wine
    • littlewren
    • By littlewren 20th Aug 10, 11:47 AM
    • 1,757 Posts
    • 711 Thanks
    littlewren
    Crowdology surveys are usually great to do as they're often quite short, but they've started sending more third party surveys and these ones are longer and I'm screened out more often.
    Money, money, money, must be funny, in the rich man's World!
    • Celia
    • By Celia 15th Jan 11, 8:53 AM
    • 299 Posts
    • 812 Thanks
    Celia
    I posted before on this thread about losing my details part through but it did work and I have been doing the odd survey for them and was up to just over £8 - most surveys are for around 40p upwards - last anything from 2 - 10 mins and they pay promptly. I have also signed up to do a Flora pro-active survey with them and have received my pack plus just over £9 to pay for a cholesterol test at Sainsburys before starting it. I have a query re the vouchers included that I need to email them about (is anyone else doing this? its for four weeks, but I only got two weeks of vouchers) but other than that - I have had no problems with them - unlike other sites!
    • geordie_ben
    • By geordie_ben 17th Jan 11, 1:45 PM
    • 3,095 Posts
    • 9,140 Thanks
    geordie_ben
    I've only done 2 surveys, have recieved 4 vouchers for pro-activ marg, each worth £3.85 AND got £18something put into my paypal account. not a bad deal if you ask me.
    Remember, remember, REMEMBER cashback and discount codes!
    Officially Debt Free as of 25/03/11
    • jenniewb
    • By jenniewb 18th Jan 11, 3:12 AM
    • 12,262 Posts
    • 11,545 Thanks
    jenniewb
    I never get a chance to do their surveys- I can only use my computer when I get home at night and when I click the link all the surveys are always filled with Crowdology. Am thinking of leaving now as its just annoying I never get to take part.
  • belly_dancing_girl
    I posted before on this thread about losing my details part through but it did work and I have been doing the odd survey for them and was up to just over £8 - most surveys are for around 40p upwards - last anything from 2 - 10 mins and they pay promptly. I have also signed up to do a Flora pro-active survey with them and have received my pack plus just over £9 to pay for a cholesterol test at Sainsburys before starting it. I have a query re the vouchers included that I need to email them about (is anyone else doing this? its for four weeks, but I only got two weeks of vouchers) but other than that - I have had no problems with them - unlike other sites!
    Originally posted by Celia
    I recently joined and I got the 4 x Flora vouchers and the £18 for cholestoral tests, which is great as they are currently free at Sainsburys! I've been lucky enough to do a few surveys since I joined about 3-4 weeks ago and have earned just over £5 and so have had £23 odd sent to my Paypal account. Great site if you can get to a PC.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,398Posts Today

7,666Users online

Martin's Twitter