Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tiff
    • By tiff 23rd Dec 04, 2:41 PM
    • 6,583Posts
    • 8,597Thanks
    tiff
    0 WOW
    Sainsburys money off vouchers
    • 23rd Dec 04, 2:41 PM
    0 WOW
    Sainsburys money off vouchers 23rd Dec 04 at 2:41 PM
    Sainsburys have loads of money off leaflets at their checkouts, to be used by 15th January. I grabbed a couple yesterday and used them in Tesco today. Each leaflet worth about £6.85. Also bought their magazine, vouchers worth £3.85 in there too.
Page 1
  • David_Brent
    • 23rd Dec 04, 5:45 PM
    Re: Sainsburys money off vouchers
    • 23rd Dec 04, 5:45 PM
    Yep sainsburys magazine seems to be the best at the moment for money off Tesco shopping!
  • paws
    • 23rd Dec 04, 6:57 PM
    • 23rd Dec 04, 6:57 PM
    Do Asda take other peoples vouchers as well?? ???
    • tiff
    • By tiff 23rd Dec 04, 8:32 PM
    • 6,583 Posts
    • 8,597 Thanks
    tiff
    • 23rd Dec 04, 8:32 PM
    • 23rd Dec 04, 8:32 PM
    Yes, Asda and Tesco take other Supermarkets vouchers although each store will have their own policy ie only up to 10% of your grocery bill etc.

I used £15 worth of Sainsburys vouchers today in Tesco and Asda.
  • paws
    • 24th Dec 04, 1:17 PM
    • 24th Dec 04, 1:17 PM
    Thanks for that i get the sainsburys magazine every month but usually dont use many of the vouchers
    Now i can use them all at Asda great ;D
    Thanks again
    • Quiet_One
    • By Quiet_One 26th Dec 04, 12:02 AM
    • 223 Posts
    • 265 Thanks
    Quiet_One
    • 26th Dec 04, 12:02 AM
    • 26th Dec 04, 12:02 AM
    Don't miss the Sainsbury's wine BOGOF coupon in the latest mag- worth £8.99 in Tescos!
    • tiff
    • By tiff 26th Dec 04, 1:02 AM
    • 6,583 Posts
    • 8,597 Thanks
    tiff
    • 26th Dec 04, 1:02 AM
    • 26th Dec 04, 1:02 AM
    Thanks Quiet One, I had missed that offer and also the kettle chips coupon next to it.

How is it worth £8.99 in Tescos though?
    • Quiet_One
    • By Quiet_One 26th Dec 04, 11:49 PM
    • 223 Posts
    • 265 Thanks
    Quiet_One
    • 26th Dec 04, 11:49 PM
    • 26th Dec 04, 11:49 PM
    Tiff, that's the value on the barcode. I've used it through self-scan and with at the checkout at Tesco.
    If you want to check a barcode value simply ignore the last digit (a security code I believe) and the previous 2 or 3 digits give you its scannable value.
    Worth investing in a few Sainsbury mags maybe?
    • tiff
    • By tiff 27th Dec 04, 1:27 AM
    • 6,583 Posts
    • 8,597 Thanks
    tiff
    • 27th Dec 04, 1:27 AM
    • 27th Dec 04, 1:27 AM
    So I wouldnt have to buy the sparkling wine then?

Great find if it works, definitely worth getting a few more mags. I already have £40 worth of coupons in my bag, this is madness!
    • Quiet_One
    • By Quiet_One 27th Dec 04, 3:56 AM
    • 223 Posts
    • 265 Thanks
    Quiet_One
    tiff, No you wouldn't have to buy the sparkling wine! Tesco's allow you to use vouchers as long as they stock the actual product (which in this case they do), you don't actually have to buy the product on the voucher! !
  • charliedavis
    I picked up 3 magazines in Sainsburys - picked on a young male cashier and even got him to accept 3 internet coupons against my shopping by saying "I think they scan..."

Would be great to hear from anyone else who has got the £8.99 wine voucher to work?

The self scan at Tesco makes me giggle but I get quite excited trying to get it accept lots of my coupons

Thanks for the post !
  • charliedavis
    Hurray I've got a notso newbie!
    • zoescrims
    • By zoescrims 30th Dec 04, 1:40 AM
    • 2,294 Posts
    • 4,973 Thanks
    zoescrims
    I'm new to this voucher thingy and would like to give it a go.
    just want to know can i use somerfield vouchers?as i dont have a sainsburys near me and what amount of vouchers can you use in one shop?
    Thanks
    Zoe
    • tiff
    • By tiff 30th Dec 04, 1:46 AM
    • 6,583 Posts
    • 8,597 Thanks
    tiff
    I have yet to use my £8.99 voucher, did a shop today for £17 in Tesco and paid £6 odd. Got a lot of reduced meat for the freezer, lots of veg and a skirt for my daughter.

Was it Tesco you used your vouchers in Charlie?
    • tiff
    • By tiff 30th Dec 04, 1:52 AM
    • 6,583 Posts
    • 8,597 Thanks
    tiff
    Zoe, yes Tesco and Asda should take any other supermarkets coupons. Each store will have their own policy about limits, ie some stores will let you have 10% off your shop others dont seem to worry about how many coupons you use.
    • zoescrims
    • By zoescrims 30th Dec 04, 2:09 AM
    • 2,294 Posts
    • 4,973 Thanks
    zoescrims
    Thanks Tiff!
    will start collecting.
    Zoe
    • chaos2
    • By chaos2 30th Dec 04, 11:27 AM
    • 82 Posts
    • 37 Thanks
    chaos2
    Did receive £10 off £100 vouchers from sainsbury. But my shopping is nearer £60 to £70 per week.

So got myself a expensive toothbursh worth £45(oral hygiene rechargble) The total was over the
    £100. Was than able to use the vouchers.

Next week return the toothbrush and got the refund. I believe you guess can the rest. They don't ask for refund of the £10 vouchers. So it is £10 off the actual shopping £60.
    • tiff
    • By tiff 30th Dec 04, 11:42 AM
    • 6,583 Posts
    • 8,597 Thanks
    tiff
    But if you do your shopping in Tesco and use £30 worth of vouchers from Sainsburys, that would be a better deal.
    • Quiet_One
    • By Quiet_One 30th Dec 04, 3:55 PM
    • 223 Posts
    • 265 Thanks
    Quiet_One
    Nip out and get The Mail today and there's a £2 voucher in it . Page 65- a dead cert for Tesco scanning!
    • LilacLillie
    • By LilacLillie 30th Dec 04, 8:05 PM
    • 2,873 Posts
    • 9,851 Thanks
    LilacLillie
    Oh dear! I'm getting terribly confused :-/
    Sometimes Tesco wont even take their own coupons off my total shop, if I don't buy the actual item.
    So to try to convince them to take the Sainsbury £8.99 wine one is going to be fun, taking into account I won't even be buying one to get the other free.
    It says on the Sainsburys mag coupons "Only at Sainsburys and Savacentre stores". So how comes Tesco take them? Will Asda, if again you don't actually buy the wine, let alone BOGOF?
    Also can someone please expain about the "self scanning" of vouchers in stores for me please. ???~
    LL
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,942Posts Today

6,775Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @PapaSlavs: @MartinSLewis hi, how much per month should I typically charge my daughter board & lodgings now she's left uni and become an?

• RT @EssexHebridean: 13 years, 2 months and 6 days after taking it out, we've just paid the final lump sum off our mortgage. #MortgageFree @?

• Many first time buyers panicked about Help to Buy mortgage guarantee ending, here's my video on what it really mean? https://t.co/uGD6sG4hvl

• Follow Martin