Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    lulabelle
    westcot credit services
    • 21st Mar 06, 2:42 PM
    westcot credit services 21st Mar 06 at 2:42 PM
    Not sure if this is on the right thread but would appreciate some advice if possible.

I own a flat in London which I let out. it was previously let to my ex-boyfriend and another tenant. he had sky tv in his name from when I lived there with him and wanted to keep it so I let him do so. He moved out in September and the current tenant stayed on and a new tenant arrived. In about November the tenants were messing me around by refusing to stay in for appointments and the like for gas and electric etc and I couldn't attend as I no longer live in the UK. I decided to instruct a management agent who charge a fee and so I increased their rent and stopped paying for the sky (which I had paid for previously as part of the rent).

i spoke to sky who said I could not cancel the contract as it was not in my name. By this time I had no contact details for the ex and he had also left my flat in a right state with things broken and damaged etc. I asked Sky what I should do and they told me to cancel the direct debit, that a couple of letters would go to my ex but if he didn't reply then nothing further would happen.

That's what I did.

I've now had an email from my ex saying that Westcot have been instructed and he owes £76 and asking me to pay it. I don't want to as as far as I was concerned it was cancelled.

What should I do?
    I want to be a writer
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,591Posts Today

6,097Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Excitedly on my way to see @BritAthletics #BritishChamps in Birmingham - bringing Mrs MSE with to try & convert her to the sport! You going?

• I pledge to organise street protest if govt freezes student loan repay threshold - a retrospective price hike. See http://t.co/oF99EWBpIZ RT

• NEWS! UK savings safety protection drops to £75000 from £85000 at the end of 2015 (due to euro rate change as EU rules set it at ?100000)

• Follow Martin