IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
How to make a rabbit run
Closed Thread
Views: 1,780
# 1
Eco Girl
Old 06-05-2009, 11:03 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default How to make a rabbit run

Hi, sorry if this post is in the wrong place but I saw some other animal related postd here.

I need to make a rabbit run for my bunny. He lives indoors in the winter and is going for a summer holiday with a friend who has loads of animals and open space.

She has said that the run needs to be fox proof, easy to move and not require the removing of the bunny from the hutch morning and evening, and if poss not kill the grass.

My DIY skills are limited. I've tried freecycle too. Any ideas???
# 2
Lotus-eater
Old 06-05-2009, 11:51 AM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Buy one?

Unless you have any better ideas? You can't make one, as your DIY skills aren't up to scratch you say, either pay someone to make one, or buy one. The cheapy ones you get in pet shops won't be probably what you want, unless you manage to find a good one. Look online. Not going to be cheap though. Or give away the bunny.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
# 3
spirit
Old 06-05-2009, 12:29 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

I'd like to make a rabbit run............................. away from my lottie plot
# 4
susiesue
Old 06-05-2009, 10:44 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

shout BOO!
susiesue
Julius Caesar, and the roman empire, couldn't conquer the blue sky

The Following User Says Thank You to susiesue For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5
tanith
Old 06-05-2009, 10:49 PM

I wouldn't leave a bunny out of its hutch at night especially in the countryside.. my daughter lives in London and had a fox bite its way through the wire of her rabbit run in broad daylight to get to her bunnies she had to have a nursing mother put down which left her with 3 babies who she managed to rear by hand... The run was stoutly made with proper recommended wire (not chicken wire) with a removable lid and the !!!!!! still bit through it... they really need to be locked securely in a sturdy hutch at night...
#6 of the SKI-ers Club

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke
# 6
shadowdragon
Old 06-05-2009, 11:17 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

I think you should find someone else to look after your rabbit to be honest, with those kinds of restrictions. especially not willing to take the rabbit out of its hutch and pop it in a run!!! Are they willing to ensure it has food, and fresh water!!!
"Well, that sounds like a pretty good deal. But I think I got a better one. How about I give you the finger, and you give me my phone call"
"There is no spoon
"

~~MSE BSC member #172~~
# 7
davethorp
Old 07-05-2009, 11:38 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Set a fox on it. That should do the trick
# 8
gabyjane
Old 07-05-2009, 2:30 PM

Some useful replies there i see!!

We bought a run for our bunnys which is big and was 50, it has been attatched to the run so they can have free run or closed off at night and moveable for when they want to be away from the run, but it was also not allowing the garden to grow leaving it in one place..SO yesterday i had, had enough and moved them to part of our garden that we don't use and have situated them there and built them an enclosure which is open but is only for the times we are sat outside and can watch them, and cats!! I will post pics later so you can see but am pleased with it!!
They did have free run of the garden most afternoons but are a pain to catch so this is easier for all!
Closed Thread