Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    just_looking
    Re-felting garage roof
    • 2nd Mar 06, 5:33 PM
    Re-felting garage roof 2nd Mar 06 at 5:33 PM
    People who lived here before me clearly had a love of ivy, and allowed the garage roof to be covered in the stuff. I noticed patches of wet in the boards in the garage recently. On further investigation, and pulling the ivy off it, it appears the lovely stuff has actually grown through the felt, and into the garage!!! (Why people insist on covering their walls with this evil stuff is beyond me) So it needs refelting, and probably reboarding under the felt as well to be honest. How much am I looking at? I'm hoping not too much, but a mate of mine had a kitchen extension leak and had a refelt, slightly smaller than my garage, but cost 700 notes. It's a single garage by the way. Is there any things to ask when I eventually get a quote?
    Thanks in advance.

(Incidentally, why do people put shingle stuff on top of the felt? The ivy's leaves had decomposed leaving a nice soil like substance mixed in with this stuff on the roof! Along with the odd bit of cat s**t!!)
    Last edited by just_looking; 02-03-2006 at 5:35 PM.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

226Posts Today

1,314Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @MoneySavingExp: Hi folks - the site will be down from 10pm tonight until 8am tomorrow while we re-charge the batteries with some behind?

• Uk dominating world long jump.Who'd have thought it. Kathy Cook's British 200m record about to go I think. #Beijing2015

• RT @MoneySavingExp: If you're affected by the #HSBC payments glitch, here's what you need to do (more to follow, when we get it): http://t.?

• Follow Martin