🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Sun £9.50 holiday Phone Number

Options
Hi - I have not received any information about my Sun Holiday that I have sent off for. The Sun website tells me to phone 0870 125 33 44, but this is constantly engaged.

Anybody else got this problem?

:mad:
Make £10k in 2010 Challenge: £19.70/£10,000 : Items to sell = £54.61
150 NSD in 2010 Challenge: 8/150
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose"

Comments

• Vinnie
    Vinnie Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, let you know if I hear anything.

I even sent the tokens in by recorded delivery....

Keep getting the engaged tone as well.
    Treat everyday as your last one on earth! and one day you will be right.
  • Rosie2404
    Rosie2404 Posts: 119 Forumite
    Options
    Hi
    I had the same thing a few years ago and I had trouble getting through on the hotline number - I tried phoning the parks that I had put for my choices to see if they had bookings in my name - some of them were good and had a look but others said no they wouldnt look and you just had to wait to hear back from the newspaper. In the end we hadnt got any of our choices but they sent us a list of parks and dates that were available and told us to phone up with our new choice.
    There is also an email address on the Sun website [EMAIL="custserv@the-sun.co.uk"]custserv@the-sun.co.uk[/EMAIL]. for queries about the holidays - dont know if this will be any good for you.
  • So_Mental
    So_Mental Posts: 170 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Rosie2404 wrote: »
    Hi
    There is also an email address on the Sun website [EMAIL="custserv@the-sun.co.uk"]custserv@the-sun.co.uk[/EMAIL]. for queries about the holidays - dont know if this will be any good for you.

This is the response I got from that email address:

Dear So Mental

Thank you for your email regarding the Sun Holiday Helpline: 0870 125 3344.

As this number has recently opened, they are very busy. We apologise for your frustration.

Please keep trying, as the number is manned by staff who have access to the database containing your details and therefore can assist you with your Sun Holiday question. As we are not privy to this database we are unable to help.

Their lines are manned 9.00am to 5.00pm to deal with any queries you may have:

We thank you for your patience in this matter.

Kind regards
    Lee Shuter
    Sun Online
    Customer Liaison Department

So I'll just have to keep on dialing
  • gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Just realised today that i havent got my confirmation yet either. Booked for end of May at butlins bognor.

Found my initial confirm email and have tried emailing them today at [EMAIL="holidaymail@communicatenow.co.uk"]holidaymail@communicatenow.co.uk[/EMAIL] . No response yet.
  • krazykidskate
    krazykidskate Posts: 1,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I didn't get confirmation either so I rang the Park direct (Butlins) and they assured me I was on the system for the dates I'd chosen and sent me the confirmation letter the next day.
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]
    [/FONT]
  • Vinnie
    Vinnie Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    So_Mental wrote: »
    This is the response I got from that email address:

Dear So Mental

Thank you for your email regarding the Sun Holiday Helpline: 0870 125 3344.

As this number has recently opened, they are very busy. We apologise for your frustration.

etc......
    Got the same as you, third day of trying to get through on the helpline!!

CQ hasn't been cashed, so no point in phoning resort...
    Treat everyday as your last one on earth! and one day you will be right.
  • *mumof4*
    *mumof4* Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    we booked 2 holidays with the sun. we booked and payed online. not heard anything about our bookings either. one is for march 20th, the other date has been and gone - so we've missed it! - even though we've payed our 9.50 per person. We've also been unable to get through on the helpline
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 9 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport